Looking for

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I am looking for a white pearl blank. Not looking for mother of pearl where there is the undulating color changes.Not looking for a pure white blank. Looking for what I am calling a pearl white. Not sure if you can see it in this photo but it has the subtle pinkish in the white. If you have used one do you have a photo of it on a pen and if so please post it here. Thanks in advance.

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1lqCy...Elegant-Pens-For-Writing-school-Qualified.jpg

http://www.theexecutivestores.com/images/manf/sanford/21928_1.jpg

http://www.theexecutivestores.com/images/manf/sanford/22938_2.jpg

http://www.theexecutivestores.com/images/manf/sanford/22938_2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
John, I had such a blank made by Jonathon Brookes, maybe 8 years ago. I don't find a photo in my files. But maybe I can go back through my posts, and find it. Maybe you can reach out to Jonathon.

jttheclockman

John, I had such a blank made by Jonathon Brookes, maybe 8 years ago. I don't find a photo in my files. But maybe I can go back through my posts, and find it. Maybe you can reach out to Jonathon.
I have a few blanks he made for me before and still do. I really should spin a few of those because his work was the best I ever seen. I found them as I was in my cleaning zone. Found alot of other things too that I forgot I had. :)

This is such a hard color to describe and to match up. But you have to think of a pearl necklace and go from there. What material the pen examples I shown are made from I have no idea. They are from Pinterest. It is such a classy color too.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I went back to spring of 2012 in my posts, (which must have been about 1,000) I was very active at the time. I didn't find the thread I posted. But I distinctly remember talking to Jonathon on the phone. He was praising the pen I had made, telling me I brought out the color better than anyone. All I did was turn it. I appreciated his compliment, but it was HIS blank that had the beauty. Glad to hear you found one. I'm pretty sure it will work for you. I agree with QQuake, those Pinterest photos look like aluminum to me also.

jttheclockman

Think you misunderstood. I have blanks made by him for me. I was looking for some deep green and blues and his colors are so distinct and pure it is hard to explain. I may reach out to him if no one else has a source for this pearl. I do not have a pearl blank from him. The photos are pearl white and not silver but that is what makes that color so hard to describe because it has silver and pink hue to it. Thanks anyway.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I have one pearly-pinky PR blank. I'll take a pic in the morning and if it's close to what you are looking for then you are welcome to it.
it's still in the square though.

Fred Bruche

Sounds like one could use some interference red pigment to achieve the effect you are looking for.
From Pearl-Ex or Alumidust, possibly the same thing.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Apologies for the delay JT. I kind of got side tracked.
This is the block I have. It is pale pink and has pearl in it. Now that I've got it in front of me, I'm not sure it matches your need.
But if you think it does, then just send me your address. Ignore the blue specks, they were just from the mold
pink blank.jpg

jttheclockman

Hey Skip thanks for keeping me in mind. No that is way too pink but I bet it would look nice turned for that special person. I bet the wifey would like that. You could surprise her with a gift. :)

PBorowick

John, sounds like a fun experiment.
I am going to do some casting this weekend and I will take a shot at a this and see what I can come up with.
I'll put up some pics when I get them done.

jttheclockman

John, sounds like a fun experiment.
I am going to do some casting this weekend and I will take a shot at a this and see what I can come up with.
I'll put up some pics when I get them done.
I may pick up some of the stuff someone posted that might work and do some casting experimenting too. Have 5 pens on the table right now and just had a failure on one of them and need to reassess how I am going to go about it. May have to switch to wood instead of acrylic.

Top Bottom