Looking for turning profile templates for sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Are there any woodworking supply companies that sell profile templates for turned pieces? I've done small turnings without much problem and now I'm about to attempt larger projects. I'm afraid if I don't have something to go by I'll just keep turning the thing further and further looking for 'the right' shape until I've gone too far and have nothing left.

Thanks

BULLWINKLE

Are there any woodworking supply companies that sell profile templates for turned pieces? I've done small turnings without much problem and now I'm about to attempt larger projects. I'm afraid if I don't have something to go by I'll just keep turning the thing further and further looking for 'the right' shape until I've gone too far and have nothing left.

Thanks
PENN STATE used to sell templates that were used with a duplicator attachment. Worked like an old fashioned key copier. I'm not sure if they still have them.

calabrese55

Just a suggestion for you to think about.
Using Penn State as an example make a couple of copies of the pen instruction sheets and simply sketch out some shapes on paper. Eventually you will hit on something you like and with that as an eye ball guide you can transfer to your pen blank.
calabrese55

Top Bottom