Looking for suggestions for a new table saw fence

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I have a 20+YO Dewalt DW 746 table saw that has served me well. Just recently the fence decided to quit sliding smoothly. Upon inspection I noticed that the retention clip was broken. Of course when I looked on the Dewalt site it has been discontinued and the same on E Replacement so it looks like I'll be needing a new fence. Any suggestions on a replacement fence for around $100 or less?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Not sure why you posted this 3 times but question for you does the 745 look like the 746. You will not find a better upgrade fence for $100 if you are talking the top names. Without getting into doing all the homework as to what it looks like just a suggestion. Or maybe you can post a photo.

https://www.amazon.com/Dewalt-DW745-Table-Replacement-Assembly/dp/B009L336D0
1660011979991.jpeg

Accidentally posted multiple times.
The saw is the hybrid 746

jttheclockman

Yea that was basically the only photo I could see of that saw because some sites show a tabletop. Hard to see that fence. It looks like one of those sliding fences that slide on a fixed portion. Did you try ebay? What is broke on it?

Here is a better view of saw. That seems like a solid fence. As I said what is it that is wrong with it.? Any of the Beisemeyer or vega fences should work but you would need to replace rail system. They will be over $100 though. That type fence of yours makes it hard to make jigs that wrap over the fence. I have the Vega Pro on my Delta saw and love it. Here is the type of jig I am talking about that you would have to take those thru bolts out that hold the aux fence.

Copy of IMGP0496.JPG

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=QgLtr7Uc&id=2287F4959E9A15BED77B6E4940CB27A0C794E237&thid=OIP.QgLtr7UcYznvvXd6LzFELgHaFj&mediaurl=https://storage.bhs.cloud.ovh.net/v1/AUTH_e7d15450bedd40b9b599e075527df3cb/frederick/fDewalt_DW746_table_saw__550_Taneytown_5adb54a995538.jpg&exph=450&expw=600&q=Dewalt+DW+746+hybrid+tablesaw&simid=608026069416422088&form=IRPRST&ck=DB476EFED7AD183B6A5060BF684BECF0&selectedindex=13&ajaxhist=0&ajaxserp=0&vt=0&sim=11&cdnurl=https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.4202edafb51c6339efbd777a2f31442e?rik=N%2bKUx6Any0BJbg&pid=ImgRaw&r=0&sres=1&sresct=1

Last edited:

Mortalis

Are you handy or crafty enough to possibly make one of your own if you had a template to follow?
John Heinz Fence JH
Mattias Wandel Fence MW
Both have made fences for their table saws from wood. I believe Izzy Swan did also but 100% sure. Fence IS
EBay may have something
Aftermarket items will be more expensive.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. Making a fence would not be a problem. The problem would be the same as I have right now, a "catch" that slide on the rear rail broke and is no longer available from Dewalt or E-Replacements.
Here is a link on ereplacements for the part that broke.
I can live with the problem for now while I'm gearing up for my fall shows but I'll have to fix the problem eventually.

jttheclockman

Have to tell you Monty I have put in some time doing a search for you for not only the part you need but for another Dewalt fence. It seems that whole setup including the rails are not available. I checked all my sources. Sorry. Unless you can duplicate the part on your own you may have to step up to a replacement fence. It looks like Dewalt no longer makes a hybrid saw like that. They have gone all bench top. Good luck.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Have to tell you Monty I have put in some time doing a search for you for not only the part you need but for another Dewalt fence. It seems that whole setup including the rails are not available. I checked all my sources. Sorry. Unless you can duplicate the part on your own you may have to step up to a replacement fence. It looks like Dewalt no longer makes a hybrid saw like that. They have gone all bench top. Good luck.
Thank you for taking the time looking and confirming what I have found. I appreciate it very much.

Top Bottom