Wanted Looking for stabilizing service

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dcannon

Hey everyone. I've bought a lot of blanks on the classified forum here over the years and have ended up with a fair amount that I think need to be stabilized to be usable in my most recent application.

Rather than doing a google search, I thought I'd check here first to see if any of the good people on IAP offer stabilizing services if I sent a box or 2 with various blanks.

Please let me know if you are willing, or if any of you could point me in someone's direction.

Thank you!
Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Shame you are so far, I could stabilise them for you...!

I believe there are few members here that may help you, we all use the same Cactus Juice and the same methods.

Best of luck,👍

Cheers
George

greenacres2

As a hobbyist...i've only stabilized about a dozen batches, but have to say it's great to have the ability to do it myself--especially when i'm adding color as well. It would be great to use up some Cactus Juice (CJ) and help offset the investment of the gear (chambers, ovens, PID controllers, etc.). It would also be an opportunity to put some idle stuff to work, and keep my rhythm sharp. I'd consider doing it, but not have a clue how to price as a service. And...some wood ends up not taking CJ well (or at times, just the color). If you don't get a response from somebody in your driving distance--i'd consider doing it. (might even be able to pick up or deliver as i'm sure my wife would jump at a chance to get that close to the Rock n Roll HOF (Cleveland) or Jimmy G's BBQ (Fremont--an old friend of ours, who married us when he was a pastor!!)
earl

jswoodz

Hi Earl, I'm Joey and also looking for a stabilizing service. I have buckeye burl blanks and I'm thinking that you stabilize 20 for me and 20 go to you. I usually cut my blanks 1 x 1 x 5 1/4. I don't know if that produces waste or if the blanks shrink upon stabilizing.
Let me know if that sounds like a deal. I'm located in Fresno, Ca so I'd ship via flat rate box. thx, joey 559 824 7807
PS also looking to do knife blocks.

Attachments

• IMG_0518.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG
    258.5 KB · Views: 232

greenacres2

Hi Earl, I'm Joey and also looking for a stabilizing service. I have buckeye burl blanks and I'm thinking that you stabilize 20 for me and 20 go to you. I usually cut my blanks 1 x 1 x 5 1/4. I don't know if that produces waste or if the blanks shrink upon stabilizing.
Let me know if that sounds like a deal. I'm located in Fresno, Ca so I'd ship via flat rate box. thx, joey 559 824 7807
PS also looking to do knife blocks.

Joey--sent you a PM (started a "conversation", and called you John in the process). I might be able to help you out, but you might also consider a separate post to see if somebody in driving distance to you might be available. That's some good looking buckeye burl though!!
earl

Benpen

Hello All,

I've been stabilizing for a while now. I enjoy it (almost as much as turning pens, but not quite!!). I would be happy to stabilize some wood. As has been mentioned before- some woods are easier than others, but I've been doing a ton of burls lately! I sell them here on this site under the "for sale" forum if you want to check into it. I'd be happy to work some kind of trade for stabilizing wood- just shoot me a PM if still interested!

Ben

Top Bottom