Wanted Looking for some M3 blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NC Wood Art

32E17336-A291-427D-830B-60F041838277.jpeg
I am specifically looking for lava black but willing to try other of your have any available.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Is this a current listing on the PSI website ?

Also, what material is the blank made of ? . . . is it an acrylic material ? . . . is it a metallic material ?

mrburls

I do have 1 Black Lava blank. And also have a jumbo TruStone Black Mother of Pearl blank which is a dark gray/black with some gray swirl through blank.
Keith

jrista

Is this a current listing on the PSI website ?

Also, what material is the blank made of ? . . . is it an acrylic material ? . . . is it a metallic material ?
M3 stands for Macro-Molecular Materials. They are a metalic composite compound...probably better explained here:

The other name for them (which I didn't realize was the same thing the first time I bought some M3 blanks) is Mokume, which is derived from Mokume-Gane. Technically, Mokume-Gane is a bit different than M3 composite, but the two names are sometimes used interchangeably.

jrista

View attachment 320652I am specifically looking for lava black but willing to try other of your have any available.
So, this looks more like Mokume-Gane, given the layering. M3 is that process by which the metal is dispersed into a molecular cloud, which is then bound with another material. Mokume-Gane is that Japanese material that is layers of differing metals, they aren't really atomized like M3 is, although both materials are mixed-metal compounds. The M3 also includes a kind of resin (well, maybe not a resin, binder as they call it), as I understand it.

magpens

@jrista

Thanks, Jon, for the above. . . I knew there was something special about the "MMM30" in the part number.
At first, the hand-written "M3" on the blank escaped my notice. . . But now that I see it, the scattered bits of info in my brain all piece together, thanks also to your elucidating comments and the reference article you provided. . . Thank you !

rherrell

I have 3-M3 blanks that I'll part with, 1- Mokume-Gane, 1-Brass and 1-Nickel.

$50-Shipped and they're yours.

I'm not going to sell them individually, all or nothing.
IMG_9156.JPG
IMG_9157.JPG

Joebobber

I have another black titanium with stunning silver. Otherwise I know woodpenpro still sells them and RandD crafts has a couple messed up ones left that come with the metal polish. Pm me if you're interested in my blank. The picture is of the pen I made with 1 just like it.

Attachments

• 20211102_202903.jpg
    20211102_202903.jpg
    439.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

NC Wood Art

I have another black titanium with stunning silver. Otherwise I know woodpenpro still sells them and RandD crafts has a couple messed up ones left that come with the metal polish. Pm me if you're interested in my blank. The picture is of the pen I made with 1 just like it.
How much?

I'm pretty sure I've got two of each of the original colors from M3 Mokume,com. I'll get the exact numbers and colors today. Let me know what you are looking for.

Here is what I've got. Starting from the top is the Gray/Black, next is Orange/Black, then three Green/Black, Red/Black, a different Green/Black, and finally a Blue/Black. These are made from metal, direct from M3 Mokume. They shine the first color brightly when exposed to black light. (they were sold with a small black light flashlight , but I don't have any more of the lights). Let me know what you think !

Mark

1636727911491.jpeg

Top Bottom