Looking for resin mold(s)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbfoto

I recently purchased some Clear Cast Epoxy resin to fill in some cracks on a bowl turning project. So now I'm naturally thinking about trying to make myself a few pen blanks with any extra resin along the way. Does anyone have molds they no longer need or have for sale so I can test out making resin pen blanks? Please let me know what you have available.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

I recently purchased some Clear Cast Epoxy resin to fill in some cracks on a bowl turning project. So now I'm naturally thinking about trying to make myself a few pen blanks with any extra resin along the way. Does anyone have molds they no longer need or have for sale so I can test out making resin pen blanks? Please let me know what you have available.
I have a whole bunch of them, will get some pictures this morning of them and get back to you. Ultimately I would like to sell as one lot.
Lin

JohnU

If you're not I tending on making lots of them and want to keep your investment low, check out a Dollar Store in your area for small food containers or lids for plastic butter dishes. Also, prescription bottles or those plastic tubes that Christmas candy comes in (candy cane shaped) work well for molds. The candy and meds containers will only be a one time mold that you will turn off on the lathe but plastic food containers work well for reuse.
Best of luck!

Reactions: J_B

jttheclockman

If you're not I tending on making lots of them and want to keep your investment low, check out a Dollar Store in your area for small food containers or lids for plastic butter dishes. Also, prescription bottles or those plastic tubes that Christmas candy comes in (candy cane shaped) work well for molds. The candy and meds containers will only be a one time mold that you will turn off on the lathe but plastic food containers work well for reuse.
Best of luck!
Man I have a ton of medicine bottles that I do not have caps for but I bought them to make stopper blanks. So they are on the larger size. I might put these up for sale to get rid of them. I will not be making stoppers any more. What is great about those type bottles is they have a built in center mark when cast in.

lorbay

Here are the molds for sale. $150 for the lot including shipping to continental usa and Canada
there is also 7 pen kits in this lot. Some of these molds have never been used.
Lin

Attachments

• IMG_4983.jpeg
    IMG_4983.jpeg
    390.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4984.jpeg
    IMG_4984.jpeg
    403.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4985.jpeg
    IMG_4985.jpeg
    315.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4986.jpeg