Looking for members

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome our newest member, Greg Brown (gbrown4). Greg lives in Concordia, MO (just off I-70). Glad you joined us. Keep March 21 on your calendar for our spring meeting.

woodman928

Welcome Greg and

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Jay:bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051:

Last edited:

MikeInMo

Wow! Where have I been?

Welcome Billy, Dennis, and Greg!

If any of you evet go through Engler Block in Branson, stop by and say hi to Paul. He is a woodturner selling pens, etc. there. I told him about us but don't know if he will stop by.

hughbie

i love 'engler block'......i'll have to make sure to say hey next time i'm in there....although it's been a while.
where is his shop? oh, wait.....i think i know......he's in the big room in back.....next to the resturant....right?

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Hugh, You are correct. Paul's shop in in the back and he is a great guy. Drop by and tell him you're a member of the IAP. Two or three of us have been encouraging him to join up!:)

hughbie

freddie, i will next time i'm in branson....shouldn't be too long.....in fact, i think i've been by his 'shop' back before i became a pen turner......it's been a while.....

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
It's been awhile since I've been there. Is that where the carvers were set up?

Yes, Billy, the Pen shop is in the back of the store. Paul sells a wide variety of kit turned items in addition to pens. He has his Jet lathe set up behind glass and does all his turning at the shop. He does not have a shop at his home. A real nice guy.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
We are waiting to see how big the monetary prize is going to be!:biggrin: No, actually we have a team working on the winning entry even as we speak!
Thanks for the encouragement! :biggrin:

Hope you guys will enter IAP's 5th birthday bash "Chapter Collaboration Contest".

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41286

I am trying to survey how many potential entries we will have and would appreciate it very much if you can confirm.

Thank you,

I was curious if yall would let someone from central Arkansas join. I wouldnt be able to make meetings but would like to be able to learn from someone in a club. I dont have a shop as it has been to cold to do that , but have done other woodworking. I am just getting stuff together to start penturning(looks like alot of fun). I have a table saw band saw and scroll saw plus various hand tools for woodworking and have always found woodworking relaxing after the frustration associated with it.

woodman928

YOU BET RODGER the more the merrier we would be glad to have you join our group of Ozarkers. We are going to have our 1st meeting on March 21st hope you can make it.
:bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies022:
Jay

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Hi Rodger,
You are certainly welcome to be a part of the group. We have some members from Arkansas already. I will send you a pm.

TowMater

Well I guess if folks from St. Louis and Arkansas are joinin we should have a representative from Kansas City as well!

Plus I wanna get invited back for some BBQ this summer!

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Todd,
I thought I was going to have to give away your BBQ plate this summer! :wink: Welcome to the group (officially). If you will send me your email address I will add you to my mailing list for chapter activities. We are having our first official meeting on March 21 around 10:00 AM in Springfield. Still working out the details. Hugh Marshall has invited us to his shop for the meeting. I'll stay in touch.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
New Members

Hey gang,
Welcome four new members to the chapter.
Rodger Bagwell - Beebe, AR (Rodger Bagwell)
Todd Glover - Kansas City (TowMater)
Tim Fulks - Gateway, AR (uncletim)
George Clark - Kimberling City (George_Clark)

That brings our membership to 23.

Say a prayer for Rodger - got laid off from his job yesterday. He also gets the prize for the member from the longest distance.

Todd was with us for the Picnic in August and donated some prizes. Glad to have him official!

Tim has a note in the Social Group thread about himself. Click over to there and read it. (Don't covet his shop:biggrin:).

George was also at the picnic in August and is a member of the SW Missouri Wood Turners Club in Springfield.

Just a reminder - March 21 in Springfield - our first official meeting. More to follow.

pssherman

Well, if Roger from Beebe can be a member, how about Jonesboro? It is about the same distance from Springfield. I could make it to some of the meetings if I knew where to go.

hughbie

wow...........i need to find more chairs!!!! and parking1!!!!!!

freddie, i went to branson yesterday and stopped by the "Engler Block"
wow, it's all but closed down...most every shop has moved elsewhere....didn't get to see paul

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Too bad about Engler. I'll try and find out about Paul.
We may have to figure out some shuttle parking for the March meeting and keep our fingers crossed for good weather in case we spill over into the yard!:biggrin:

wow...........i need to find more chairs!!!! and parking1!!!!!!

freddie, i went to branson yesterday and stopped by the "Engler Block"
wow, it's all but closed down...most every shop has moved elsewhere....didn't get to see paul

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Paul,
Glad to have you. It's just a short leisurly drive over to Springfield! :biggrin: I'll pm you.

Well, if Roger from Beebe can be a member, how about Jonesboro? It is about the same distance from Springfield. I could make it to some of the meetings if I knew where to go.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
This information has changed. See latest posts for new location.

Any info on where the meeting will take place, what time it will start and when it will end?

Paul,
The meeting will be on March 21 at Hughbie's home. He lives at 2655 E Pacific in Springfield. That is a couple of blocks off of Division two blocks north of the KOLR 10 studios. We will be in his basement workshop. Not much content planning has been done. Hugh will show us how he does pr casting. We could use someone else to demo some skill. I think we will do a pizza order for lunch. Start about 10:00 AM till?? I'll post more as we get it worked out.

Last edited:

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Just for the record - all demo offers must go through an intensive screening process. Demos involving food or drink are being saved for a much bigger venue later on! Whew!!

However, I am open to other types of demos like something to do with PEN TURNING! Lots of our group are new so even beginning skills demonstrated like turning between centers, doing a ca finish, use of the skew, making cartridge pens, etc are fair game for anyone wanting to assist. Let me know.

Top Bottom