Looking for members

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Until we can meet and decide who's on first, let's just say we would love to have folks within driving distance to join with us. If we get several from an area we could even make the meetings mobile. Our initial thinking is that we will not meet every month. However, after an initial period of folks joining up, we will let all those kinds of things be a group decision. Welcome to Southwest Missouri IAP (and if we get lots of folks outside SWMO, we can think of a new name maybe). It's gonna be a lot of fun!

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Hi Freddie. No one else seems to be saying much over here.

Myra suggested we call ourselves "The Write Stuff" before someone else takes it.

I also thought of "Ozarks IAP" to include a wider region. Let's keep these in mind and when we get several members we will make a group decision.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
I've got 9, do I hear 10?

Up to Nine and counting! So far here are the folks that have signed up for the local chapter: MikeinMO, Hughbie, Woodman928, Hayseedboy, Rifleman1776, DSallee (2), xscoutmaster, and edman2. Who will make it 10?

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Looking for 12

Welcome to Fred (DustyDenim) and his father as our 10 and 11 members. Going for a dozen? Who will be #12?

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
And we have a winner! St Louis Guy (John M) has joined up with our chapter. So we have 12! Let's go for a Baker's dozen! Who will be next?
Ok guys, say hi to St Louis Guy.

Last edited:

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Well, we have our Baker's Dozen! Tom from Pittsburg, Kansas (cigarman) is our newest member. Tom and his wife attended our August picnic and we are glad to have Tom as a member of our local group. Welcome Tom.

OK, going for 14! Who will be number 14?:)

Wild Turkey

Interested in having a guy who hasn't started turning yet, but will the first part of the year? You guys could be my teachers and mentors. Loacated in north central Missouri, but do make trips to south Missouri and Northern Ar. to visit son and grand kids.

John "JD" Dowell
Beauty is only a light switch away!!!!

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
You betcha JD! Glad to have you. Everyone of us well remember starting out and how much fun it was (and wasn't). :biggrin: IAP is a great place to learn.
I'll be in touch.
Freddie

Interested in having a guy who hasn't started turning yet, but will the first part of the year? You guys could be my teachers and mentors. Loacated in north central Missouri, but do make trips to south Missouri and Northern Ar. to visit son and grand kids.

John "JD" Dowell
Beauty is only a light switch away!!!!

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Roll Call

Here are the members that I have for the Southwest Missouri chapter. If you think you've joined and your name is not here, I need to hear from you pronto!
MikeinMO, Hughbie, Woodman928, Hayseedboy, Rifleman1776, DSallee, Dee, xscoutmaster, DustyDenim (2), Johnm, Cigarman, John Dowell and edman2. Let's give this another week or so and then we will start communicating and making decisions. It's gonna be a lot of fun!

Last edited:

MikeInMo

We may have a new member joining us soon. I met a very talented penturner from Bentonville today at a show in Ozark. His name is Tom, and he said he will be checking out IAP when he gets back.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
We may have a new member joining us soon. I met a very talented penturner from Bentonville today at a show in Ozark. His name is Tom, and he said he will be checking out IAP when he gets back.

Thanks Mike. Tom from Bentonville, COME ON DOWN! (Or should I say up?)

woodman928

Hey Mike was that Tom and Linda Gilge from Penitentiary I tried to get them to join the IAP last year. Nice folks. You should have told them you new the Organ Grinder.
Jay

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Had a blast at the picnic this summer.

Steve Massman
Jefferson City MO

Got you Steve. Welcome. Please go to your "User CP" tab in the upper bar and find "Social Groups" and sign up for the Southwest Missouri Social Group. This will allow group emails to all members at once.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Attention all members

Would you each go to your "User CP" tab on the upper bar and choose "social groups" and join the Southwest Missouri Group there as well. We can send group emails from that forum and everyone will get them. Thanks.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader

Hi Everyone,
Please Welcome Billy Dodd (woodboys) to our Southwest Missouri local club. Billy lives in Rogers, AR.

DSallee

Welcome aboard Billy,

I live just 30 min north of ya in good ol' Neosho MO... I used to live in Rogers a few years back while I was on the Avoca Volunteer Fire dept. I also lived in Pea Ridge and was also on the Volunteer Fire Dept there before I moved to Rogers...

Gonna have to turn a few together sometime....

Dave

woodboys

Thank you Dave. You probably know exactly where I live. In between Avoca and Pea Ridge. I come through Neosho at least once a month to get wood. We'll have to get together.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Used to make trips to Avoca to a Depression Glass shop. An elderly lady operated a very nice shop there. I usually went 2-3 times a year to see what she had. I was the Director of the Arkansas Baptist Assembly at Siloam Springs and spend 8-9 weeks every summer at camp and made the depression glass run every summer!

Thank you Dave. You probably know exactly where I live. In between Avoca and Pea Ridge. I come through Neosho at least once a month to get wood. We'll have to get together.

woodboys

Thank you John! Maybe we can get together when you come down. Freddie I believe the depression glass shop is closed now, if it's the one on the hiway I'm thinking of. I think her son decided to start growing tree seedlings there.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Yes, it is closed. I think she died a few years ago. She had a real nice shop. Only the two shops in Harrison had more glass than she did.

Thank you John! Maybe we can get together when you come down. Freddie I believe the depression glass shop is closed now, if it's the one on the hiway I'm thinking of. I think her son decided to start growing tree seedlings there.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader

Hi Folks,
Welcome Levi (L1truckie) as our newest member of SW Missouri local chapter. Levi is from Rolla.

Last edited:
Top Bottom