Looking for long tubing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JustLookin'

Not sure if this is the right place to ask or not, so please forgive me if it's not.

I'm looking for long lengths of tubing, preferably in black, or can be painted black, at least 12" long. Won't be used for a pen, as is only to give a black base to clear resin. Any ideas what I can use?
Must be minimum 5mm inner diameter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
A quick search on Amazon brought up this. You might check you local hardware store to see if they carry any. I know my local Ace Hardware carries some.
Never seen any in black, but that can be remedied by using a blacking solution, painting or powder coating.

monophoto

Many old-school well-stocked hardware stores carry brass, aluminum and stainless steel tubing, often in 1 foot lengths. Also hobby shops that appeal to model builders (either model trails or model planes). Can't say that I've seen a lot at either Homer's or Lowes, however.

My experience is that the wall thickness of this tubing is not the same as tubing that you can buy through pen kit suppliers.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
most of the pen tubes we use come in 10 in lengths. K&S engineering has brass tubing in 3 ft lengths but are not the right dimensions for kit parts. They have a large range of sizes and you can find their selection on Ebay, Local hardware stores may carry some of their products, the Ace hardware stores around this area do.
Here is a link to a chart http://www.ksmetals.com/26.html

magpens

If it is brass you want, hobby shops have it ... check out the K & S brand ... http://www.ksmetals.com/26.html
I have bought it at local hobby shops in 12" and 36" length.
However, the diameters they have are not the diameters we are used to as pen turners.

If it is other metals, K & S may have it also.

Curly

The man is in Australia. Is K&S sold there? I know it is here in Canada and of course in the US where it is made but don't know about overseas.

Gary H

I have replied in your "Introduction" post re bestbuy_oz in Ebay.au. They sell in lengths of 12" (and possibly longer) with walls of 3,5,6 and 8mm.

Cheers, Gary H

Top Bottom