Looking for ideas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plano_harry

I have a friend that is wanting a pen for her dad. He likes the symbol of the globe and is the 7th son of 11 children! Looking for creative ideas from IAP's best minds! Thanks in advance for your help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

According to Terry Pritchett he could be a wizard as a seventh son , so maybe some star signs type blank? That'll only really make sense if you read discworld books!

Roger Wilco

Hmmm...maybe go simple? Seven layers of different exotic woods? Or...can you get your friend to provide something from her dad's past? Perhaps some wood from an old piece of furniture, or some wood from the family farm? Something like that? Do they know anything about their family history? A coat of arms perhaps? You could find the colors for the coat of arms and add that somehow. Maybe a high school or college set of team colors? If you explain the meaning of all the layers, it becomes special.

jttheclockman

https://emojipedia.org/globe-with-meridians/ Maybe play with that somehow. In decal form or segmented form or just incorporate the lines. Maybe an astrological sign theme. There are gem stone pens out there that are map themed. Maybe segment something like that. They are a derivative from the gem stone paper weights and globes. I used one as a prop in my photo of my pool table box.
Copy of IMGP0109.JPG

Bob in SF

Harry - Sounds like a fun project.

Simple idea:
Plenty of fine hi res globe images on Etsy - eg:

Resize globe images in software or use as is, print 7 little images onto waterslide decal paper, onlay onto light colored wood pen barrels, CA seal, finish.

Just a thought.

Warm regards - Bob

plano_harry

Harry - Sounds like a fun project.

Simple idea:
Plenty of fine hi res globe images on Etsy - eg:

Resize globe images in software or use as is, print 7 little images onto waterslide decal paper, onlay onto light colored wood pen barrels, CA seal, finish.

Just a thought.

Warm regards - Bob
Thanks for the idea Bob. I grabbed a good image and overlayed some initials along with a 7 and 11. Check it out...

Attachments

• 711-1.jpg
    711-1.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 130
Top Bottom