Looking for help on a unique situation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Happy

I have a stump on my property that I have placed a mineral block on for the last ten years. Believe it was an oak tree. The stump is as hard as a rock, and when you tap on it with a hammer it sounds like you are hitting steel. Wondering if anyone has come across this and has any thoughts on cutting it and possibly turning.
IMG_0381.JPG

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

1080Wayne

I suspect it will be well mineralized , and hard as a rock , so carbide tools might be essential . You may destroy a saw chain in liberating it . Am curious though , were you using it as a salt lick for wild or not so wild animals , or just trying to preserve the stump?

Happy

We live on 22 acres. I have several mineral blocks out for the deer and other animals and birds. This was where I placed the first one some 10 years ago. It was 100 feet from the front door and highly visible from the living room. I may never do anything but I wanted to see if anybody else had any thoughts or ideas. I may try to split off a hunk and make a handle or a pen. Thank you for your reply.

Happy

I suspect it will be well mineralized , and hard as a rock , so carbide tools might be essential . You may destroy a saw chain in liberating it . Am curious though , were you using it as a salt lick for wild or not so wild animals , or just trying to preserve the stump?

We live on 22 acres. I have several mineral blocks out for the deer and other animals and birds. This was where I placed the first one some 10 years ago. It was 100 feet from the front door and highly visible from the living room. I may never do anything but I wanted to see if anybody else had any thoughts or ideas. I may try to split off a hunk and make a handle or a pen. Thank you for your reply.

Top Bottom