Looking For: Drafting Pencil (Lead Holder Kit)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CabinetMaker

Hi all. I am looking for a kit to may lead holder similar to the one shown below. I need to make a set for an artist friend and the sketch pencil kit lead is too large and not available in a wide variety of colors. If you know where I might find such a kit, please let me know. Thank you for your help.
1593965266331.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dogcatcher

You can probably make one using the inside guts of Staedtler drafting pencil. Disassemble the Staedtler pencil and compare it to the Pentel guts and look at the tutorials for making Pentels. A few mods and you might be in business.

its_virgil

You can probably make one using the inside guts of Staedtler drafting pencil. Disassemble the Staedtler pencil and compare it to the Pentel guts and look at the tutorials for making Pentels. A few mods and you might be in business.

I make a lot of pentel conversions and I have tried the Steadtler pencil (at least one version much like the one pictured above) and found it to be a not so friendly dissassemble. But, there may be a version that will work or maybe the design has changed since I tried several years ago.
Do a good turn daily!

I have seen colored leads for the sketch pencils and also for the 2mm lead pencils also.
Don

Top Bottom