looking for die - 9mmx0.75

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

The Penguin

Victor is out or stock
Indy Pen Dance is out of stock

can't seem to locate another retailer that sells this size die for a reasonable price.

any suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

The Penguin

yes... but I ordered the 9x.75 tap last week from Victor Machine with some other things I was ordering - thinking it wouldn't be hard to find the corresponding die at another supplier.

was I ever wrong on that one.

The Penguin

yep - and put your 12mm x 0.8 triple lead taps and die in a place where you can find them when you need them.

DAMHIKT

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have so many I bought one of those parts holders for screws etc. that have 2x2x6 in drawers. Labeled 1 drawer for each set. At first I tried using small plano tackle holders but there got to be too many of them.

IPD_Mr

$31.50 and non-adjustable, Ouch. I would get on eBay and order on of the solid (non-adjustable) dies from China for $12 including shipping before I did that.

soligen

hmmm page 128, carbon steel die is $4.83 1inch round adjutable
KBC Tools & Machinery, Inc.

Yes, that's an option too. My M8 x .75 is the carbon one from them. I haven't noticed any difference, but I've only used it about a dozen times - mostly on brass & nickel silver. I wonder what the comparative life expectancy is on non-ferrous metals. Likely no issue at all on plastics

soligen

hmmm page 128, carbon steel die is $4.83 1inch round adjutable
KBC Tools & Machinery, Inc.
looking at the dies on 125 vs. on 128 - the ones on pg 128 say they are for rethreading applications.

the ones on 125 indicate they are for threading rods, bolts, etc.

does it matter which one I get?

For plastics, I don't think it will matter. I usually get the HSS because they should last longer, but I got one of their carbon steel when the HSS was out of stock and it works just fine. If you might want to thread steel, then I'd stick to page 125

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Well now! We have something to talk about, over dinner next time, except I can't say too much since I found my 5/16 in bit in the drill press, AFTER, I went out and bought a new one :(

yep - and put your 12mm x 0.8 triple lead taps and die in a place where you can find them when you need them.

DAMHIKT

I spent an hour looking for the M12 the other day. I finally found it in the die holder. :redface:

The Penguin

m12x.8 triple lead, both a bottoming and taper tap and the die.

as far as I can tell, I had them in a box, along with a Gent/Statesman Fallen Hero Blank Canvas. The box was just inside the back door and supposed to go outside to the garage.

either my stepson was being very proactive (I doubt it) and put the box in the recycling bin, or the maid thought it was trash and threw it out. The maid scenario is much more likely.

I've turned the house, garage and both cars upside down looking for them...twice.

Brooks803

Wait....wasn't there a shipping label with my info on it sitting on top of that box? I'll have to let you know in a couple of days I guess :rolleyes:

I'd be calling the maid if I were you!

Top Bottom