Looking for blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

If you could possibly post a picture of a "tiger wood" blank, that might be a help.

The tiger wood that I have seen does not strike me as being particularly remarkable or overly desirable so I am a bit puzzled and would like to see an example of what you want. . The same name could be given to different woods, of course.

Of course ... also .... there are many criteria for choosing a blank material .... I am not denying that.
After all, a pen blank made from a dugout bench from Yankee Stadium would obviously make a "desirable" pen no matter what it looks like.

So I am just curious, that's all. . I do have some pen blanks labelled "Tiger Wood" but they don't look like the sort of wood you might be prepared to pay shipping on from Canada !!! 😁;)

Matter of fact, I don't know where I would put hands on those blanks so I hope you don't ask ME to post a photo of THEM .... LOL !!!

ccccchunt

This one???
1620175096545.png

Couldn't resist!!!! 😂😂😂😂

KenB259

Also known as goncola alves. Very pretty when it's figured, can be plain looking when there's no figure.

GaryMGg

Does anyone have any recommendations in finding tiger wood?
Thanks

penicillin

If you live near a Rockler, a Goncalo Alves (tigerwood) pen blank is $1.99. Rockler's math geniuses also sell a five-pack for $10.99.

(Rockler sells online and phone order, too.)

Top Bottom