Looking for a Triple Play

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

Looking for suggestions.

I've had a request to make a set of writing instruments for a collage graduation kit. The requester is also a turner. In fact he is one of the original of our AAW Chapter members. I was a bit shocked to say the least when he asked me to take on the project. He doesn't turn pens but does some beautiful twist work.

So sounds easy but what he would like is a roller ball, ball point and pencil. He is going to supply the ebony so I'm thinking black titanium, rhodium, maybe some chrome. Thinking simple elegance and gold would gaudy it out.

Thought maybe kits that have rollerball and ballpoint and add in a pentel style pencil or make a rollerball and dual ballpoint with a Schmidt convertor in one.

Any thought are welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I think the pentel is only chrome (if you go that route), so chrome or rhodium would probably be the kits for the pens. I did see the Schmidt converter in black. Have fun!

TonyL

Another idea is a Rollerball (desk pen - double barrel), a BP carry pen (something smaller - like a single barrel twist), and I pencil (although I still can't find one that I like. Just throwing an idea out there.

Mr Vic

Thanks all. Looking at the Mistrels in Blk Ti/Palladium but only see the the pens in that plating. It looks like the pen and pencil are actually the same kits just with one shipping with a parker style pen refill and the other with a Schmidt pencil or equivalent converter.

Got a query in to Chad,. Anyone have experience?

Top Bottom