Looking for a new compressor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JoeCallahan

So, the Bostich 6 gallon pancake compressor I've been using for the past 3 years finally crapped out on me today. I was thinking of replacing it with Porter Cable's 6 gallon, but they just aren't built like they used to be. Does anyone know what brand will be the best bang for my buck?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pshrynk

Well, buy a really cheap brand from China and solder the relief valve shut and you'll get a really nice, big bang after you turn it on for a while.

What? Oh, wrong type of bang?

MRDucks2

I have the Porter Cable 4 gallon twin tank and it works well but I plan to relegate it to the vehicle garage and get something with more tank for the shop.

It did leak and was missing the intake muffle new, but the service response was very quick on the muffler and I chose to seal the leak myself. No issues since.

I will likely go with a 20-30 gallon Ingersoll in the future, but the reality is that any oil lubed compressor will probably meet the average needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

robutacion

I like the silent compressors, no oils to deal with and fairly well priced our days, at least 2 motors/compressors and a 50-litre tank capacity, you can run air tools as most of these go up to 150 PSI pressure, you can always adjust it down to 100 or 110 depending on your needs and when the motors compressors ware out, chuck them out and buy replacements online, you will get the compressor working as new for half of the price, just my thoughts...!

Cheers
George

Woodchipper

I got the P-C pancake compressor at Lowe's. Harbor freight has one like it but HF warranties are short. They want you to buy an extended warranty which is probably where they make the most money. The P-C puts out a bit of noise but I wear earplugs anytime I'm in the shop and running power tools.

JimB

I have the HF 6 gallon. It's the only compressor I have ever owned so I can't compare it to others. It gets light use but I have had it for 4 or 5 years without any problems. With a coupon it runs about $100.

Top Bottom