Wanted Looking for a blank maker for watch parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fnfalguy

With the recent thread on the bending of watch parts, I'm looking for someone who can make me a blank using watch parts. I have watch parts in hand as I do some messing around with movements on occasion. Please let me know if this is something you can do. Interested in either Sierra or jr. Gent sized.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I just returned from the Mid West Pen Turners Symposium in Chicago and #JohnU had several examples in his demos of how he does watch parts in his castings. I would reach out to John Underhill which is very active on this site.

derekdd

I just returned from the Mid West Pen Turners Symposium in Chicago and #JohnU had several examples in his demos of how he does watch parts in his castings. I would reach out to John Underhill which is very active on this site.
Yes, I bought one of John's watch part blanks from the Exotic Blanks booth while there.

Anyone who is interested, I'd recommend heading to Exotic Blanks to check out availability. Not sure if John does commissions, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

fnfalguy

Yes, I bought one of John's watch part blanks from the Exotic Blanks booth while there.

Anyone who is interested, I'd recommend heading to Exotic Blanks to check out availability. Not sure if John does commissions, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
I may go that route to see if he does commission as I have a few dials as well that I would like to use.

bugradx2

My son just turned this for his sister's birthday (she's a big Scooby fan) and it's one of John's blanks that I got from Exotic Blanks. Not sure on the commission of watch blanks but there are quite a few options on EB still.

Her birthday is in a couple weeks but she's not on IAP so I feel like I can get away with sharing it!

IMG_1273.jpg

Top Bottom