Looking for 37/64" bradpoint drill bit...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

It looks like Majestic kits are on sale, and I decided to pick up a few. I didn't realize just how large they were, as apparently they require a 15/32" and a 37/64" bit. I have every imperial bit up through 33/64", but I've been unable to find a 37/64" anywhere. PSI has them listed (at over $30 just for the bit), but out of stock. I usually go to Lee Valley for more unusual bits, as their drill bit stock is really quite good, but they only seem to go up to 35/64" with their options. Does anyone know any other place where I might find this huge bit? Much appreciated!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

A quick search turned up this.

bit.jpg

jrista

Strange...that didn't come up on my web searches, but manually browsing the site, I did find it. Thanks! Much better price than $30+... I guess the hope now is, that its machined strait! :p

jrista

jrista

You could try victornet too. I think they have some big ones.
Thanks for the reference! I didn't know about these guys before, but they are in my bookmarks now.

I was browsing through their lists, and didn't see a 37/64ths, however...it did make me realize, there are a lot of different measurements for drill bits: Imperial, Metric, Numeric and Letter....

I have several letter bits myself (O, V and T so far), and a number of metric and a complete set (nearly, now) of Imperial. But it makes me wonder, how the heck did we end up with so many measurement systems for drill bits? Where did numeric and letter bit sizes come from?

KenB259

I did find this one, but, it didn't appear to be a bradpoint. I've come to rely on that point in my process, so I decided against the one at EB.
Funny how we all have our preferences. I avoid brad points and are a last resort for me. They do a great job cross grain, horrible on end grain. At least that's my experience. Sounds like they work well for you though. I do mostly segmented, so that may be why they give me fits.

Andrewt72

It looks like Majestic kits are on sale, and I decided to pick up a few. I didn't realize just how large they were, as apparently they require a 15/32" and a 37/64" bit. I have every imperial bit up through 33/64", but I've been unable to find a 37/64" anywhere. PSI has them listed (at over $30 just for the bit), but out of stock. I usually go to Lee Valley for more unusual bits, as their drill bit stock is really quite good, but they only seem to go up to 35/64" with their options. Does anyone know any other place where I might find this huge bit? Much appreciated!
Hello, I have 2 37/64 bits. Let me know if you want 1 or both.

Top Bottom