Look what William Young started....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Snowbeast

Snowbeast

Me thinks he has unleashed a beast.

Ringmasters are rather pricey but a LOT of fun.

These are a few I recently completed. More in the works.

The biggest and the smallest are poplar and mesquite. The striped one is maple and walnut and the solid dark one is mesquite. From 5" to 9 1/4" diameter.

Comments and critiques welcomed as always.

Attachments

• IMG_4484.JPG
    IMG_4484.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 388
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

carpblaster

I just got my Ring Master thursday,turned a bowl friday and 2 today,just plaine ole poplar bowls till i can cut and splice,havng more fun than turning pens.forgot how to post pic on here,its been a while

Bob Wemm

Yeh,
He really started something. I believe there sis a waiting list for RM's, they can't make them quick enough.

Nice bowls, I like how the angles can be varied to change the shape.

Thanks for showing.
Bob.

W.Y.

Hey Tony.
I didn't recognize you screen name here until I saw the same bowls you posted on the Ringmaster Board over in my own site and they look just as good here as when I replied to them over there yesterday. :wink:

I haven't been over to this site for a while because you know how big a job I just went through with the new look and software I installed in my WWF site. That sure kept me busy for a few weeks as well as taking on a few more singing and playing guitar engagements.

Last edited:

Charles

William thanks for your video's on what you are doing. I bought a RM about six yrs ago and it has sat in my shop. Thought when I bought it I could make bangles with it but first't go that small and cost of hard wood the size you need was prohibitive. Some one suggested to do a glue up but not sure how that would look out of one type board. If you are not using two types of wood for a segmented bowl how do you get wood large enough to fit. Hardwood stores Boardfoot is pretty expensive. Needless to say look forward to maybe using it. Your results are really nice.

W.Y.

William thanks for your video's on what you are doing. I bought a RM about six yrs ago and it has sat in my shop. Thought when I bought it I could make bangles with it but first't go that small and cost of hard wood the size you need was prohibitive. Some one suggested to do a glue up but not sure how that would look out of one type board. If you are not using two types of wood for a segmented bowl how do you get wood large enough to fit. Hardwood stores Boardfoot is pretty expensive. Needless to say look forward to maybe using it. Your results are really nice.

You can use all kinds of scrap wood either glued up or plain for about a 3" bowl up to a 12" one and anywhere in between. .
Of course it is not limited to bowls. Hollow forms, lamps , vases etc. can also be made but most start off with bowls while getting over the learning curve.

Ya . . . get that six year old one out from its hiding place . Dust it off and put it to work. Mine has paid for itself a couple times over in the approx. 9 moths since I bought it. But that only happens if a person uses it . .lol . . They are a wonderful little machine.

I answered the PM you sent me.

Last edited:

Snowbeast

Charles,
The large funnel looking 'bowl' started as part of a 1x6 from Lowes. It measures 10 1/2" at the rim. The smaller mesquite bowl is two pieces about 3" wide glued up.

I have a rather large pile of small scrap pieces in my shop and whenever I get some time, I glue up whatever looks good together. I would venture to say that cutoffs from pen blanks would make an interesting bowl. May take a while to assemble, but could look really nice. Think GIANT segmented piece.:eek:

Top Bottom