Longwood Click in White Oak.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Curly

Curly

I wanted to enter this pen in the Pretty Wood contest but it didn't want to go there. It is a Longwood Click that William WoodWrite used to sell in gold and the White Oak came from beside a big knot in the board. My CA was quite old and decided it would take a day for each coat to dry, making for a very long finishing process and I missed the contest deadline by a few days. 🙄 Wood was sanded to 400 and the CA was also sanded to 400 plus #0000 steel wool, all sanded with the lathe turning and lengthwise when stopped, buffed with the 3 Beall wheels. I doubt it would have been a winner but I like it and will use it to remind me to make sure I have fresh CA before deciding to make something for a deadline.😉

3.jpg

4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I've had my share of problems with my old CA, but the problems usually don't show up for a week or so. I've started storing a couple of unopened, new CA bottles kept in a sealed container with a bunch of desiccant bags, and stored in the refrigerator to try to keep it cold and dry.

That is a gorgeous pen. The long, single blank really features the wood nicely. - Dave

Thanks. It was thin CA that was at least a couple years old and was flowing like thick. I didn't want to go into town to by a different brand and learn it so I stuck (pun?) with the old EZ Bond.

Back
Top Bottom