long nose live center

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie69

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have the cnc precision one from zlivecenter in 3mt for my lathe It works great. Thats about the best price I found at the time. The other two are the same one sold by different people. The long straight taper lets you get your tool back off the work without hitting the nose of the live center. I can recomend it easily.

lorbay

I'm looking for a live center that gives me more room for the tools. Not a whole lot of options that I've found except for a few on ebay. Does anybody have any experience with these. Or any recommendations?

2MT CNC 0002" High Speed 6500 RPM 264 lbs MT2 Long Nose Live Center 27 1 Off | eBay

New 2MT 0 000197" CNC Precision Long Spindle Lathe Live Center Morse Taper 2 | eBay

New MT2 Long Nose Live Center Morse Taper 2 Medium Duty Lathe Live Center | eBay
If you have a Oneway or a Powermatic live centre I can make you one for just the shipping.

Lin.

Paul in OKC

I have the cnc precision one from zlivecenter in 3mt for my lathe It works great. Thats about the best price I found at the time. The other two are the same one sold by different people. The long straight taper lets you get your tool back off the work without hitting the nose of the live center. I can recomend it easily.

That's the better looking one of the bunch, I think as well.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You can have the Riten, You just need to pay the price!:eek:

I do have a Riten in the cnc version in mt2, I use it on My 6 in Atlas lathe. I bought it used though not new for about $70.00 The chinese one does well enough for what I need it for.

Wildman

Not sure what you are turning but I often use a dead center in the tailstock when reverse turning. Takes little fussing but works for me! Of course when turning pens between centers use my dead center in headstock.

Grizzly.com® --

Grizzly also has a couple of long nose live centers too!

shastastan

duncsuss

The Nova (Teknatool) Live Center System comes with a long-nose tip in addition to the regular 60* tip, reverse-cone, etc.

LINK to item on Amazon

shastastan

I have used one of these extensions which allows you to use your revolving centers as well as other accessories. It gives you an additional 3 1/2 inches of space.

Turners Select Morse Taper Extension | Shop Supplies | Craft Supplies USA

gordon

Many thanks for that source. I'm getting one to use for a large goblet that I'm making. Not a bad price and the shipping now is only $4.95

Update: This a really good quality extension. I may cut the tang off if I need a bit more length, but it's just what I need now the way it is.

flyitfast

I have used one of these extensions which allows you to use your revolving centers as well as other accessories. It gives you an additional 3 1/2 inches of space.

Turners Select Morse Taper Extension | Shop Supplies | Craft Supplies USA

gordon

Many thanks for that source. I'm getting one to use for a large goblet that I'm making. Not a bad price and the shipping now is only $4.95

Update: This a really good quality extension. I may cut the tang off if I need a bit more length, but it's just what I need now the way it is.

Glad to hear it helped. I have received more help from this Forum than I could ever repay - it is always good to hear when something works for someone. I use that extension frequently and it is a good one. Thanks for letting us all know of your experience.
gordon

Top Bottom