Long drilling on mini lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

vick

I got a new unhandled bowl gouge this week and wanted to make as large a handle as I could turn. I have a mini lathe so their is no way I had room to drill a handle that is about 13 inches on it. I only have a small drill press so that was out of the question. I almost went over to Duddrvrkev's house to use his big drill press but I like to make do with what I have mist time so this is what I came up with.

20065288428_latheBoring1.jpg

20065288447_latheBoring2.jpg

It is nothing fancy just put together with brads and ca glue for a quickie jig. Notice the piece of wood the size of the lathe channel that keeps everthing striaght. It worked great and the epoxy is drying on my gouge right now.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dubdrvrkev

Even more can be accomplished with big tools [}:)][}:)] J/K

Looks smart Mike, but you know you can come down anytime if you need to borrow anything. I am just sitting on my duff anyway.

vick

Originally posted by dubdrvrkev
<br />Even more can be accomplished with big tools [}:)][}:)] J/K

Looks smart Mike, but you know you can come down anytime if you need to borrow anything. I am just sitting on my duff anyway.

I know Kevin but like I said I am stubborn. Be carefull about the anytime thing I was drilling this at about 11:00 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom