London fog kitless with Esterbrook nib

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Carl Fisher

Carl Fisher

This pen uses the Esterbrook renew point nib lineup. It's eye dropper filled which works well with this material since it's pretty translucent.

Attachments

• IMG_9059_lzn.jpg
    IMG_9059_lzn.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_9069_lzn.jpg
    IMG_9069_lzn.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_9070_lzn.jpg
    IMG_9070_lzn.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_9072_lzn.jpg
    IMG_9072_lzn.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_9074_lzn.jpg
    IMG_9074_lzn.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 233
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

paintspill

When I started making pens I never liked these kitless pens. The more I learn the more I appreciate them. This one is fantastic. Well done. And I love that nib. Need to get my hands on some of those.

Carl Fisher

Thanks all. This one was probably sitting on my bench for 6 months or more. I didn't like the original shape and never got around to making a cap because of it. I finally decided to rework the overall body shape and then finally figured out the cap I wanted to go with it.

When I started making pens I never liked these kitless pens. The more I learn the more I appreciate them. This one is fantastic. Well done. And I love that nib. Need to get my hands on some of those.

The Esterbrook nibs are great but you have to be willing to make some sort of sac based pen or an eye dropper since they don't have a nipple for a cartridge or converter. Making the front section is also much easier since it's threaded at the front instead of the rear. I think silverpenparts is one of the few places you can find the tap for these.

jyreene

Thanks all. This one was probably sitting on my bench for 6 months or more. I didn't like the original shape and never got around to making a cap because of it. I finally decided to rework the overall body shape and then finally figured out the cap I wanted to go with it.

So you're telling me I did all that MS Paint wizardy for your cap and you just re-did the pen!

But seriously, I do like it. Like the style you went with.

Carl Fisher

So you're telling me I did all that MS Paint wizardy for your cap and you just re-did the pen!

But seriously, I do like it. Like the style you went with.

hahaha! Yes, this is that very same one :biggrin:

Tyson is a master in MS Paint!

Top Bottom