Logo?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Do you think it would be a good idea to adopt a logo?

Yes, I think it would be nice. The Wooden ones the Southern Ohio Meeting had were pretty slick. But, I have no problem printing sticker name tags with a custom logo that is sent to me.

But this may open up a spot on the committee for another member with engraver and skills. Ken Wines said he made the Southern Ohio ones, and they took about 2-3 minutes each, plus typing in the individual names. Those will add some costs for the wood and magnet fixtures. The only disadvantage is for late members, and walk-ins - they won't get a nice engraved name plate. I do like mine!

I will bring mine to the next Ohio meeting so other committee members can see what we are talking about.

Mark

Maybe we can invite Jontello to do one, or open it to others.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Jon said he would be honored to help us in this way. He asked me to let him know what my (our) thoughts were and he will start working on something.

My Thoughts:

+We are the "Midwest Penturners Gathering" but our event is open to anyone from anywhere.

+The purpose of the Gathering is to advance the craft of penturning by 1)sharing ideas, 2)learning new techniques, 3)Inspiring and being inspired by the pens on display and 4)Socialize, develop new friendships and reunite with old friends.

I would not expect anyone to be able to design a logo that encompasses all those attributes, but he can use these ideas as guidelines. Please add to the list, offer suggestions and comments.

Thanks.

Edit in: Oh yea, Also, do not incorporate the year into the loge (i.e. 11th annual or 2018. That way we can use the logo for multiple years.

Last edited:

mbroberg

I received this from Jon earlier today. My only observation is that there needs to be an "s" at the end of penturner. What do you guys think?
Here is one design I have been fleshing out and I think i like it better then the other one I was going to be working on. Let me know what you think. I tried keeping it as simple as possible so that it stays relevant for years. At the top I have the year and I can get you the next 20 years all done with the same font to you so you have what you need. We can always take the year out as well. I will let you look at it and get me some feedback.

https://app.box.com/s/xqgk4jse3hb2jm80l76z8n3x24jpva8a

Jon

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I received this from Jon earlier today. My only observation is that there needs to be an "s" at the end of penturner. What do you guys think?
Here is one design I have been fleshing out and I think i like it better then the other one I was going to be working on. Let me know what you think. I tried keeping it as simple as possible so that it stays relevant for years. At the top I have the year and I can get you the next 20 years all done with the same font to you so you have what you need. We can always take the year out as well. I will let you look at it and get me some feedback.

https://app.box.com/s/xqgk4jse3hb2jm80l76z8n3x24jpva8a

Jon

I'd add "IAP" somewhere.

mbroberg

It has always been my understanding that the IAP and the MPG were two separate entities. Jeff (The IAP) is a major supporter of the MPG and the majority of attendees are IAP members. However, the MPG operates separately from the IAP in all areas of administration and operation. The MPG does not fall under the authority or rules of the IAP.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
It has always been my understanding that the IAP and the MPG were two separate entities. Jeff (The IAP) is a major supporter of the MPG and the majority of attendees are IAP members. However, the MPG operates separately from the IAP in all areas of administration and operation. The MPG does not fall under the authority or rules of the IAP.

OK, I understand. Interesting.

mbroberg

Any other opinions? Even if you don't have an opinion or suggestion could you post that, or hit the like button or do something to let me know that you have seen it?

mbroberg

Do we want to leave the year in or out. My vote would be to leave it in since Jon said he would provide the images for the next 20 years. (Oh my God! I'll be in my 80's! I hope I can still use a lathe.)

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Do we want to leave the year in or out. My vote would be to leave it in since Jon said he would provide the images for the next 20 years. (Oh my God! I'll be in my 80's! I hope I can still use a lathe.)

I'll vote for the year to be left in.

mbroberg

Plural or Plural and Possessive?

OK, the anal side of me is coming out. Can any of you who are much more schooled in grammar than I tell me:

Is the gathering plural, i.e. a gathering of many penturners?
The Midwest Penturners Gathering

or

Is the gathering plural and possessive, i.e. a gathering for and belonging to many penturners?
The Midwest Penturners' Gathering

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
OK, the anal side of me is coming out. Can any of you who are much more schooled in grammar than I tell me:

Is the gathering plural, i.e. a gathering of many penturners?
The Midwest Penturners Gathering

or

Is the gathering plural and possessive, i.e. a gathering for and belonging to many penturners?
The Midwest Penturners' Gathering

I believe you are correct: The Midwest Penturners Gathering.

IAP has the same format (one organization, but many members/attendees), and I checked the MAPG and MOVPG - they used the same format (an "S", no possessive apostrophe.)

But, not my strong suit, suite, sweet, sweat... :redface:

mbroberg

Penturners makes the most sense to me. Just wanted a second opinion. The only reason I even thought of it is a long running debate at my church over the name of our social hall.

Pastors Hall or Pastors' Hall (for all of the parish pastors since the parish was founded)
Pastor's Hall (for the current pastor)

Top Bottom