Lockdown Activities

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ironwood

When I am not at work, I am spending my time at home.
In the mornings, I drink lots of coffee and I make a few pens, and do my chores.
In the afternoon, I collect some firewood and stoke the fire, while I have a few beers.

This stuff is mostly Wattle, a close cousin to Koa, it makes good coals.
IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen_man_ship

Me too...I call it "The Great Wood Migration."
Four cord moved from the wood shed to the basement, then four cord cut, split, and moved into the shed.P1010317.jpgIMG_20190905_1122584_rewind.jpg These are last year's photos. I got a jump on it this year.
I keep thinking...how many pen blanks in a cord?

Brotherdale

Looks very tropical there, I am envious. Are you close to the coast?
That looks like a big fire pit. Does it have a purpose other than enjoyment? Looks big enough to serve a commercial purpose.

Ironwood

Looks very tropical there, I am envious. Are you close to the coast?
That looks like a big fire pit. Does it have a purpose other than enjoyment? Looks big enough to serve a commercial purpose.
About 15 miles to the coast from here, though the creek is just through the trees.

I have dropped the basket over the top of a big old tree stump, burning it out.
It's a stainless steel filter basket, they use them to wash the coal . After they reach their use by date, they get scrapped.

Ironwood

That beer looks very inviting. Especially since the sale of alcohol has been completly banned in South Africa during lockdown. It has been more than four weeks now. 😋🍻
Wow, we have restrictions to how much we can buy at any one time, 2 boxes of 24 or 30 beers, at least where I get my beer from. The pubs and bars have been shut down here, but we can still drink at home.

Nice stack of wood. What years your Mule? I've got a 2005 that's still running great and a big hand around my place. State run liquor stores are considered essential here in Montana. I don't drink but apparently sales have gone way up since they shut down all the bars, distilleries and breweries.

WriteON

When I am not at work, I am spending my time at home.
In the mornings, I drink lots of coffee and I make a few pens, and do my chores.
In the afternoon, I collect some firewood and stoke the fire, while I have a few beers.
Sounds good to me...

Here in PA we have an odd system. Beer distributors can only sell beer and sililar drinks. State Stores sell wine and hard spirits.
I don't know if it's still that way here, but we had same rules in TN when I first moved here....My county was dry until a couple of years ago, so never paid much attention to alcohol sales... not that much of a drinking man anyway.

Ironwood

Nice stack of wood. What years your Mule? I've got a 2005 that's still running great and a big hand around my place. State run liquor stores are considered essential here in Montana. I don't drink but apparently sales have gone way up since they shut down all the bars, distilleries and breweries.
I bought the Mule 2nd hand in 2004, it was 5 years old at the time so I guess that makes it a '99 model.
It was parked up for a few years because it had no brakes, just recently I pulled it out of the shed and overhauled the brake wheel cylinders and master cylinder. Still runs great, but needs a new battery, I put that battery in there in 2006, so can't complain.

When they announced that the pubs were closing, people hit the takeaway shops, filling their cars with beer . They had to put the 2 carton limit in place, otherwise beer was going to go the way of toilet paper, The breweries wouldn't have been able to keep up.

I bought the Mule 2nd hand in 2004, it was 5 years old at the time so I guess that makes it a '99 model.
It was parked up for a few years because it had no brakes, just recently I pulled it out of the shed and overhauled the brake wheel cylinders and master cylinder. Still runs great, but needs a new battery, I put that battery in there in 2006, so can't complain.

When they announced that the pubs were closing, people hit the takeaway shops, filling their cars with beer . They had to put the 2 carton limit in place, otherwise beer was going to go the way of toilet paper, The breweries wouldn't have been able to keep up.

My mules a little work horse, pardon the pun. I'm on my third battery but it still runs great. Enjoy yours!

Ironwood

Todays activities.......
Decided to lift the filter basket and clear the ash off the stump, so I could see if there was progress.
The stump has burned down below ground level now, and I got 4 wheelbarrow loads of ash, which got spread around the gardens and lawn.
IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

Ironwood

Another job done, a tow hitch for the wheelybin, bent it up with some 1/2" reo bar. Works great, around corners, over bumps, not a problem.
The garbage truck turns around about a 1/4 mile from my house, so I have to take the bin out once every week. This will make things a bit easier.
IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

I thought all you Aussie drank Foster's.

Went to a party once at a friend's house... the hostess drank two fosters in pretty quick progression... next thing we new she was running down the street barefoot... having a really really good time. :D

Ironwood

I thought all you Aussie drank Foster's.

Went to a party once at a friend's house... the hostess drank two fosters in pretty quick progression... next thing we new she was running down the street barefoot... having a really really good time. :D
It's rather funny that people think we all drink Fosters. I can honestly say that I don't know anyone here who does drink it.
I think it's got to do with a clever marketing campaign when they promoted the stuff to the US and The UK.
I have tried it once but didn't like it much.

Maybe all the characters in "Crocodile Dundee" were drinking Fosters?? Never tried it myself... I actually prefer a Mexican beer or a good Porter to most American beers... My favorite was a beer out of Nicaragua, but it got sold to another company and not as good as before...I do not drink Corona, more likely Tecate or Dos XX if I want a lager...

On the wheeled garbage can... we don't have garbage pick up here... I have to take it once a week into the local service center in town... about 6 miles away.

Top Bottom