Local chapter ??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello all,

I know it is hard to understand my intent thru text. So please know that I am only asking a question to understand.

I had been in motorcycle clubs for a very long time. We as a group did lots of things together. Some good and some not so. We did charity functions. Helped little kids and so on. We even ran how to classes in High schools and JC. I am just currious why this section is so quiet. Or have I missed something? I am going to be leaving in the next couple months so hard to commit. I visited a group that made pens for vets and toys for needy kids. Is it hard to do here? I am just asking, not pointing fingures or accusing anyone of wrong. It just seems that a pen a week for a vet or a yoyo a week for kid in need might lift your spirits some.

I am just trying to plant a seed not light a fire. A group like this that has so much to offer that could be a great thing.

:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Dave, are you a member of the American Association of Wood turners?

AAW is the big dog group for turners

Started in the mid 80s.

There are several chapters in your area and across the world.

The President is a pen Turner and member of the Pen Makers Guild.

I am not a member but did visit. They meet on a day I have another engagement and I did not feel that I was at a quality that would fit theirs. They are an awesome group. So is this. I can hang out here online anytime I want here. My main intent on the questions was that it is so quiet and lonely in the OC Chapter. Seems like there is no one here. Thank you for your reminder of them.

76winger

In my experience, most of the chatter goes on in the many other forums on this site and the chatter in the local chapter stuff only ramps up as we get close to the time we hold another meeting.

iMattDaddy

Hi, I'm in your area (as defined by So-Cal) but the area is pretty big which may be the reason there isn't a lot of chatter going on here. When I look at the member map, I think there are two members relatively close to me, meaning about 45 minutes to an hour. Not too bad, but it doesn't seem like a very populated group in this area. There may be other active members who just aren't on the member map though, so maybe you will spark something here.

Top Bottom