Little Bit Of Bedrock

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Timebandit

Timebandit

Here is one that i really like. Just love all the little gold flakes throughout. I am liking this shape in a pen which is why you have seen this shape from me so much lately. Im trying to dial it in and get some concrete lengths and dimensions on this shape. I will do a different style soon:rolleyes:This one is Bedrock Flake acrylic with a #6 Meister Nib.

All Comments Welcome

Thanks For Looking

Justin

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0530.jpg
    DSC_0530.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 668
  • DSC_0532.jpg
    DSC_0532.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 667
  • DSC_0534.jpg
    DSC_0534.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 661
  • DSC_0536.jpg
    DSC_0536.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 664
  • DSC_0537.jpg
    DSC_0537.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 652
  • DSC_0539.jpg
    DSC_0539.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 662
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrburls

Looks good Justin. Have you started making the top end of your cap longer which holds the clip on ? Or is it just a different style ?

Keith "mrburls"

philb

That looks great, very stylish!

Does the grip section have a matched 'grain' to th lower barrel, or is it just a coincidence that a few chips line up?

Phil

Rounder

Does the grip section have a matched 'grain' to th lower barrel, or is it just a coincidence that a few chips line up?

Phil

I got to watch him make this one and the match up is no accident. He works really hard to adjust his thread lands to sit just as the parts match up. This boy ( excuse me, penmaking machine man) is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Timebandit

very nice Justin!!

Thanks Seamus

Justin,
You are getting really good with your clips. Well done.

Thanks Mike. Im liking clips right now.:biggrin:

Holy hell, Justin. You are a machine! That is your best clip seam yet. Your pens are an inspiration.

Thanks you sir! I will keep them coming, you just keep looking:biggrin:

I'm really admiring your work with these kit-less pens. They look awesome.

Thank you

Yes i like that one Justin. Can I see a better picture of the nib and where do they come from?

Thanks! The nib and feed are from Meisternibs and its a #6 Fine stamped Made in Germany.

Looks good Justin. Have you started making the top end of your cap longer which holds the clip on ? Or is it just a different style ?

Keith "mrburls"

Thanks Keith! The finial on these new ones are a little longer. The ones you saw at the meeting were 1/2" but they were also tapered which made them look smaller. These are 3/4" and more square so they seem a lot larger.

Another beauty and I too like the shape.

Phil

It is matched. I take a little bit of extra time to make sure these line up on blanks that have more distinctive patterns.

Thanks

Phil

I got to watch him make this one and the match up is no accident. He works really hard to adjust his thread lands to sit just as the parts match up. This boy ( excuse me, penmaking machine man) is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Thanks Dad. Im trying:biggrin:

Outstanding shape, constructions, and blank. What a great job!!!

Haynie

Been thinking about this pen and the last one you posted. I realize from a maker's stand point I have no right to comment but from a buyer's stand point I think either the clip is too low or the finial(sp) is too tall. Everything about this and the last one are spot on and very desirable except that.

Just my 2 cents

wizard

Justin, Telling you that this is another gorgeous pen is an understatement!!!:biggrin: You have a nice curvature to the section on this like the one you put on mine! Great photos! Thanks for showing. Doc:)

Timebandit

Been thinking about this pen and the last one you posted. I realize from a maker's stand point I have no right to comment but from a buyer's stand point I think either the clip is too low or the finial(sp) is too tall. Everything about this and the last one are spot on and very desirable except that.

Just my 2 cents

Im sure you think that because the finial is so tall. It 3/4". If it were say 1/4", like a regular kit pen, it wouldnt seem like the clip is so low. If i raise the clip up, it leaves to much of a gap between it and the lower cap for my taste. I just posted a new pen with a 1/2 finial. Take a look at it and see if the clip seems like its as low as this one. Its in the same place as this one.

Thanks for you input

Justin

Top Bottom