Limited edition

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My inspection department consists of my wife and my daughter.My wifes reactions are easily read. Normally if she really likes one of my pens or an aspect of it I will get some type of remark,"that's nice" is normally "i'm not impressed.
My daughter on the other hand will give a "KOOL!" when she see's a pen she likes.
Well today is my daughters 16th birthday. I am extremely proud of her because not only is she in ROTC but elected to take it for the second semester,is getting "promotions", whatever that means in H.S. Rotc, and wants to be a member of the rifle drill team.
The pen she has been carrying to school each day is the "ugly" corn cob I entered into the contest.I must say I wasn't crazy about it but she was. I gave her something I didn't want.
For her birthday I decided to make her a pen that featured things I remembered from her"KOOL!" remarks.
A pen that took a Parker refill so she could put a gel in it.
It had to have the "bump" on the bottom.
She expressed that she would like a Cammo pen because she goes to ROTC everyday.
She commented how she liked the Center rings made of the ends of the casings on the other casing pens I made.
The Antler was my idea so I could scrimshand it with her initials.
The kit is a perfect fit,Center bands are from 300 mag casings.
I ground down the transmission holder so it would fit inside the casing and the turned a tenon that allowed the center ring to sit flush with the top of the lower casing.
The bullet shape on the antler is my idea.
Anyway, here it is.
Happy Birthday Pauline.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkirkb94

Fanastic pen for her 16th! She will love it! My daughter just turned 16 about 2 months ago and I know you're feelings. Here is what mine got. I turned it, she saw it, she got it! Also thank you again for explaining how you used the rifle brass. My learning curve decreasd some more. Kirk :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me also, Pauline!!!

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
20041114182218_pink%20acrylester%20cigar001.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom