Lilac Swirl Custom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kaspar

Kaspar

The blank for this one (and another I will post soon) was chosen because it had a really nice "grain" pattern and I wanted to see if it was worth trying to align the grain even though I lose .045 to the saw blade and .260 to the thread tenon, out of the middle. I have decided that it is, and when I post a pic of it closed you'll see what I mean. It's quite easy to do grain alignment of a custom if you do it fairly early in the process.

I did polish the inside of the cap because of its translucency. Think I got it pretty clean. Number six, fine-point Edison nib and feeder. I think I will make a rollerball nib for it as well. I've got the dimensions completely standardized, the flowchart set, and I've done enough of these to give this type a name. I'm going call this the "Axia." (Starts with an "A", next type I name will start with a "B".) Probably should have photographed it against a grey background. I dunno.

Comments critiques welcome.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

..very Suhweeeet! That inspires me to move towards kit less at some point soon. Be well..Jan......

eranox

Oh, that is a stunning piece of work. That blank makes it look like candy. Now I'm hungry and want to turn a pen at the same time!

OZturner

Glorious Pen Eric.
Love the Blank.
Superb Profile, Proportions and Lines,
Pleased to see a Clip fitted, makes it look like an every day working pen.
Excellent Fit and Finish.
True Craftsmanship.
Brian.

Top Bottom