Likes and dislikes so far

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

So far one thing I have seen that I really like is the difference on the main forum where it is a blue color when there are new posts. My dislike is it is just new, you have to see how a few of the new function work.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
I like the "Alerts" in the menu bar.

Also, I like the way that within 24 hours, the general layout is developing into what it looked like before (being familiar) while giving an obvious underlying upgrade.

MDWine

I have searched for a way to turn OFF the 'pre-view' of pictures when I'm looking through the list of new messages.
Can that be done?

I like the site updates, even the preview thing is not a show stopper... great work everyone!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I miss the old format for presenting the latest postings. They seem to crop up at a couple different places in the new s/w.
Recent threads are in the middle of the front page.
Latest posts in chronological order are on the right sidebar of the front page.
"What's New" gives you various looks at recent activity.

Tell me what would work better and I'll try to implement it.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a way to turn off the 'preview' when scrolling through the list of new messages?

Are you referring to the box that pops up when you hover over the thread title?

Yes, that can be turned off, but it's a global setting, so not per-user. If it's universally disliked, I'll turn it off. Personally, I find it useful.

If you're referring to something else, help me understand!

CREID

Yes, that can be turned off, but it's a global setting, so not per-user. If it's universally disliked, I'll turn it off. Personally, I find it useful.

I too find this useful.

Sylvanite

I noticed that if you start to reply to a post, and then navigate away from that page, your work is still there when you return. This means that I won't lose half-completed posts like I used to occasionally on the old site. I count that as a like!

Dehn0045

@thewishman
+1 for dark mode and new fonts!

actually I don't usually mess with fonts too much, but I do really like dark mode. A close second for me is the alerts - I can now quit spamming myself with email alerts. Also being able to tag users is a nice feature. Not much to dislike other than getting acquainted to the new space.

philipff

Jeff, there is so much new in the s/w that its going to take time for this old dog to see how it can best serve all of us. It certainly has a HUGE amount ot info available to members. Thanks P.

MDWine

Yep, that's the one... no big deal... thanks!

Top Bottom