Lignum Vitae - Where does the green go?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Dave, I believe it's an oxidation issue. All that I have turned and left with a natural finish, save Ren Wax or TSW, have come back green again. The one I used CA on has not.

OSCAR15

Thanks Billy.... I did a few with laquer....I think the next one I will try leaving it set up a while before I apply any finish....Or maybe just a friction shellac.....

mick

I've got a Cigar turned from LV. It's just finished by micro meshing to 12,000 and a couple of coats of TSW. It's still a nice green color and has a very pretty matte finish.

OSCAR15

Mick..I have TSW and I will try it....Did it stay green? or did it turn back with time...After I turned it, it went light beige with almost NO green left....I am hoping that mine will turn back as Billy says his did....The green is a nice shade and adds interest. The turned LV is kind of bland...

Rudy Vey

When the pen is exposed to light the green color comes back. I had some cut up LV laying around, some was under my large Forstner drill bit case (!) and some was looking out, the one that got some light was clearly greener than the one under the box.

stinger

I recently turned an LV pen and set it outside in the sun for about 2 hours and the green returned. I tried to use a friction polish on it after the color returned and this wiped the color off![:0] Well, I resanded it and placed it back in the sun and decided that I was going to leave this pen alone and not apply a finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom