Lights just went on

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I have a pile of blanks that I made that, for a variety of reasons I do not want to sell. Maybe they have some bubbles (that would be turned away), maybe the mold got slightly off level while in the pot resulting in a "sloped" blank (fat at one end, thin on the other but still proud of a bushing). Maybe a slight discoloration or any other of countless other reasons. They can be made into perfect pens, but they are not perfect blanks. What I do with these is square and label them then ship them off to Sharon in AZ for use by her blind turners. I have several hours worth to try to do today. :confused:

Blowing snow. We had a storm blow through on Saturday and dropped 2' of snow. But between yesterday and today it will be gone where I need it to be gone.
IMG_20200412_072027.jpg

by day I'm an "Essential" working in the plastics industry. By night I'm an aspiring pen turner. I two pens to get out this week for orders (my first two pens to sell in fact) and the kits will be delivered today. We'll see how my plan goes. Everyone enjoy their day!

sbwertz

I have a pile of blanks that I made that, for a variety of reasons I do not want to sell. Maybe they have some bubbles (that would be turned away), maybe the mold got slightly off level while in the pot resulting in a "sloped" blank (fat at one end, thin on the other but still proud of a bushing). Maybe a slight discoloration or any other of countless other reasons. They can be made into perfect pens, but they are not perfect blanks. What I do with these is square and label them then ship them off to Sharon in AZ for use by her blind turners. I have several hours worth to try to do today. :confused:
We sure use them! Thank you so much. The "firebird" ones are especially popular here in Phoenix!

WriteON

Good day today. More stuff for the display stand or storage box. Productive aside from trimming a blank too short but that will work with a different kit.

Attachments

• D01569B5-1CC0-4316-AD27-9A452AFBD167.jpeg
    D01569B5-1CC0-4316-AD27-9A452AFBD167.jpeg
    302.8 KB · Views: 109

sbwertz

Don't send those right away, please. The center is closed and there is no one there to accept it. Or send them to my house. PM me if you need my address. Those have raised a lot of money for the center. We sell them as fast as our turners can make them. The firebird on a bolt action kit has been a big hit.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Don't send those right away, please. The center is closed and there is no one there to accept it. Or send them to my house. PM me if you need my address. Those have raised a lot of money for the center. We sell them as fast as our turners can make them. The firebird on a bolt action kit has been a big hit.

OK. I'll hang on to them until it reopens.

WriteON

Just spent the last 1/2 peeling the thumb portion of a nitrile glove off my hand. Got glued real good. Maybe I'll stick my hand in boiling water. That should resolve/remove it.

howsitwork

Just spent the last 1/2 peeling the thumb portion of a nitrile glove off my hand. Got glued real good. Maybe I'll stick my hand in boiling water. That should resolve/remove it.
acetone to dip it in will work if it's CA or a derivative

WriteON

Confessions of a Slimline hater. A surprise for a golf buddy. Could be the nicest one I made. Bought the burl from a member. Do not remember who it was.

Attachments

• D97B246D-0C1E-41C3-8C76-63BBCCC123BE.jpeg
    D97B246D-0C1E-41C3-8C76-63BBCCC123BE.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 76134881-05DD-4A8A-B9BD-B07DC85C3E8B.jpeg
    76134881-05DD-4A8A-B9BD-B07DC85C3E8B.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 113

WriteON

Just me, Mr. Maxwell House & mug #145 right now. Quality time here.

Attachments

• 96F4E393-421B-4EFA-9BE0-FFDD30E02ABD.jpeg
    96F4E393-421B-4EFA-9BE0-FFDD30E02ABD.jpeg
    357.2 KB · Views: 113
Top Bottom