Lighthouse

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have a friend who loves lighthouses, and a nephew who used to work on a fishing trawler in the Bering Sea. I'm tempted to order a couple.

I have a friend who loves lighthouses, and a nephew who used to work on a fishing trawler in the Bering Sea. I'm tempted to order a couple.
I am tempted too because I know how some of these themed kits disappear real quick if they do not have a following. I will not be able to still do any shop work for quite some time but will have a few.

I'm a sucker for "gadget" pens. Lol
To me some are over the top but there are a couple that fit the needs of a few people I know and can easily work an appropriate blank in with them and the lighthouse is one. The firefighter ones I made a few of those and they were a hit. Also the gear shift one I made for my mechanic and need to make one for a friend who races cars.

I also like the Motorcycle Kickstart kits from PSI. I made one for my son and my barber (who rides a Harley).

Attachments

• 062.jpg
    062.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 101
  • 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 104
  • engraved.jpg
    engraved.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 93
Looks great Jim. That would be a nice kit to use a colored coordinated blank to match the person's bike. Add some aluminum rings and good to go. That is what I like to do is make a blank to match the theme or the person in some way. Make it special. I do not sell these type kits but rather make for friends and family or on occasion if someone asks and I give away. I still owe my brother a special pen that I have the theme for and box idea and may even make special stand for it. He is a collector of something and is a huge collector of it. His entire basement is this theme. Do not want to give away idea until I get a chance to make it and show here.

Looks great Jim. That would be a nice kit to use a colored coordinated blank to match the person's bike. Add some aluminum rings and good to go. That is what I like to do is make a blank to match the theme or the person in some way. Make it special. I do not sell these type kits but rather make for friends and family or on occasion if someone asks and I give away. I still owe my brother a special pen that I have the theme for and box idea and may even make special stand for it. He is a collector of something and is a huge collector of it. His entire basement is this theme. Do not want to give away idea until I get a chance to make it and show here.
My son's bike was green, hence the green blank. I don't know what color Joe the Barber's bike is. But I used wood so I could engrave it. He was very impressed with it. I haven't quite gotten the hang of engraving acrylic.

It uses a mini refill.

Attachments

• _Lighthouse_pen_kit_Assembly_Instructions_copy__82391.1642181616.png
    _Lighthouse_pen_kit_Assembly_Instructions_copy__82391.1642181616.png
    414.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Screen_Shot_2021-12-23_at_9.57.04_PM__55337.1642181616.png
    Screen_Shot_2021-12-23_at_9.57.04_PM__55337.1642181616.png
    438 KB · Views: 106
  • Screen_Shot_2021-12-23_at_9.57.14_PM__96868.1642181616.png
    Screen_Shot_2021-12-23_at_9.57.14_PM__96868.1642181616.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 97
I was hoping someone with a lot more skill would!
I believe I just got an email that they are in production and not available yet but can preorder. I would but they would not be done for maybe 2 years. I have my shop in such disarray that I can not even get to lathe. I am remodeling the home and knee deep into this. I spend my time just visiting this site and a few others. I will order some and look them over. See how it goes.

Trying to figure out what this is? Any ideas?

https://penkitmall.com/light-house-pen-blank-solitary/

I believe I just got an email that they are in production and not available yet but can preorder. I would but they would not be done for maybe 2 years. I have my shop in such disarray that I can not even get to lathe. I am remodeling the home and knee deep into this. I spend my time just visiting this site and a few others. I will order some and look them over. See how it goes.

Trying to figure out what this is? Any ideas?

https://penkitmall.com/light-house-pen-blank-solitary/
i saw that. My guess is that it is going to be a label cast blank.

Just placed my order and it was accepted so maybe they have them in stock now. Will keep you informed when I get them but as I said can not turn kit. The member who owns that site is a member here but can not remember their name. Maybe he can enlighten us if he reads this.

Russel Smith AKA: @revrsmith

I think you people are correct in that it is a label of some sort. There is a deer photo in that same ad and it too is $12. Pretty pricey for a label or photo. Will skip that. Thanks. Keen eyes.

Received my lighthouse kits today. Even though I will not be able to make any of them for awhile I did look at the kit and it looks straight forward build. I put batteries in to see the light work and it is pretty cool. Just one of those niche pen kits that may have a following. I will make a few and see how they sell but as I said I have actually 2 people I will make for as gifts. They are shore people and love the nautical theme. When I get them done I will post photos but it will be some time.

I also like the Motorcycle Kickstart kits from PSI. I made one for my son and my barber (who rides a Harley).

Give that to a cyclist and you made a friend. Neat pen.

Back
Top Bottom