Lighthouse Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mike8850

Mike8850

Received my kits last week after preordering before Christmas and finally got around to assembling one.
Here's my take on the new light kit and a mini revue.
The kit assembly is very straight forward to assemble.
My only concern is it takes a mini refill that is shorter than the regular mini .

Light House 2.jpg

Here's the parts.
Light house parts.jpg

Here's a few more pics

light house clip.jpglight houst nib.jpgLight House light.jpg
The light flashes green red and blue.
I think for the nautically incline customers this could be a big hit.
As usual all questions and comments are welcome
Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

@Mike8850

Rather cool and nicely done ! ! . Thanks for showing !

What size batteries does it take ? . Looks like smaller than AG13 size .

jttheclockman

A+ Mike. Thank you for stepping up and giving a review. I like even more that I see it on a blank. A couple questions, what finish that on the kit? As Mal asked what size battery? I will supply a couple extra watch batteries. It looks like it is more than one battery. finally how do you change the refill? Is this a push on or screw on system.? I believe it is not a pen that will see alot of use but can be a nice desk item. I will make some sort of stand for the person I want to give to. I am sure I will get other requests. This would be a huge seller at craft shows down the shore by me. They always look for anything nautical.

Oh heck a few more questions, where does the battery go? I assume that is the pushbutton switch on top and they go in there. To change colors there are 4 settings? How is the refill extracted?

You mention the refill is shorter than regular, I never made a short pen with a short refill. How much shorter and do you think if it is possible to use a longer length of tube the same size and use a regular short refill? I will look these things over when I get into them for sure. Thanks.

Last edited:

Mike8850

A+ Mike. Thank you for stepping up and giving a review. I like even more that I see it on a blank. A couple questions, what finish that on the kit? As Mal asked what size battery? I will supply a couple extra watch batteries. It looks like it is more than one battery. finally how do you change the refill? Is this a push on or screw on system.? I believe it is not a pen that will see alot of use but can be a nice desk item. I will make some sort of stand for the person I want to give to. I am sure I will get other requests. This would be a huge seller at craft shows down the shore by me. They always look for anything nautical.

Oh heck a few more questions, where does the battery go? I assume that is the pushbutton switch on top and they go in there. To change colors there are 4 settings? How is the refill extracted?

You mention the refill is shorter than regular, I never made a short pen with a short refill. How much shorter and do you think if it is possible to use a longer length of tube the same size and use a regular short refill? I will look these things over when I get into them for sure. Thanks.
Thanks John and Mal.
The batteries are LR41
The light end unscrews and it takes 3 batteries and there's only one setting .
The light turns on by twisting the area right above the nib and the nib turns to work the refill.
The refills are replaced by pulling the nib out.
The refill is only 47.5MM which is shorter PSI credit card pen.
Right now the only place I can find them is Rizheng so I'll have to do more looking.
I got mine from Pen Kit Mall and sent them an email about refills.
The finish is gun metal.
I don't think it would be possible to modify their design because of the way the light works.
How top heavy is it?
It's not bad.

Any more questions just fire away ,
Mike

qquake

That is a very short refill, at only 1.87". I have made pens that use 3.2" or 2.75", but never that short. I don't see anything shorter than 2.75" on Amazon.

jttheclockman

Thanks Mike. I will have to play around with it when I get mine and see what I can come up with. Still like the idea. It fits a niche and it is not a gun.:)

Top Bottom