Light Pulls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Draken

Draken

Here are some light pulls I made for the ceiling fan in my 3 year old daughter's room. She picked the colors and I cast the PR myself.

A coral color for the fan.
2008221225925_LightPull1CS.jpg

And a blue/purple swirl for the light.
2008221225945_LightPull2CS.jpg

And here they both are hanging from the fan. Can't really tell as I had to crop the photo.
200822123027_LightPullsCS.jpg

Thanks for looking and any comments welcome. This is my first time trying to duplicate a shape that will be so close to the original. Came pretty close, but the cove isn't as deep on the second one. [B)]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I like, James. If she ever outgrows the colors, those are the kinds of things you store away for future generations. They may be PR, but they are heirlooms nevertheless. It's fun and rewarding to be able to make things like that for the family. BTW, did you do those on the new Grizzly?

Draken

Thanks for the comments. These were done before the Grizzly showed up, just didn't get around to posting them until yesterday. I did try buffing the second one, need to work on that a bit. Ended up with more scratches than I started with. Not sure if I'm going too fast or slow, or too much pressure, or wrong about of compound, or....

You know, R2, I do have some blue glow in the dark powder. Perhaps the next ones actually will glow in the dark. :D

Draken,
Nice work on the pulls
Where do you get glow-in-the-dark powder? I'd be curious to know how much is needed per blank. If you try it, let us know how it works out.

Draken

Got the powder from Ebay. Tried mixing it with epoxy and putting it in a groove in a pen, wasn't enough for it to glow. Turned it out with a parting tool, then packed in the powder and drizzled CA on it, worked better, but I still ended up with an area that had more CA than powder, so it wasn't quite what I was looking for. Haven't played with the powder since. I'd imagine it would take a large amount of powder to get a good glow out of cast PR, but that much powder may make the PR very brittle or otherwise affect its curing and durability. May have to give it a shot anyhow. [}:)]

Top Bottom