Lever filler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Psychmike22

This may be a dumb question. Has anyone successfully made a lever filler fountain pen? I bought an old Esterbrook lever filler and it got me thinking about how I would go about making one.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jalbert

There aren't instructions given, but you'd need to harvest the lever box and pressure bar from an existing pen, or buy them along with a sac from somewhere like Richard Greenwald.

Pierre---

You need to buy a lever and a lever box (they should suit each other), a J-bar and a sac (they should suit too), some shellac and baby powder. R. Greenwald or the Pendragon are your friends. And after some trials and errors, this is it!
100_3561.JPG

Psychmike22

You need to buy a lever and a lever box (they should suit each other), a J-bar and a sac (they should suit too), some shellac and baby powder. R. Greenwald or the Pendragon are your friends. And after some trials and errors, this is it!
View attachment 319419
I checked Richard's site. It was about 45 for a lever box. I'll hold off for a while. I'm interested in how people cut the slot for the lever.

Pierre---

Yes, depending on what they get as old stock, it can be expensive. Check here, they are much more affordable at Pendragons for the moment.
I cut the slots with a Dremel tool and hand files. As the lever box covers part of the slot edges, little mistakes won't be seen...

Top Bottom