Letting members know

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

I do talk about things my daughters are doing, and some on here may say it is too much. However my daughters were raised to be thoughtful and thankful for things they are given, earned, etc.

When they buy something in the store, I make sure they say thank you and things like that.

Marley won the under 13 competition, however the person giving the prizes was/is dealing with illness. It was a month or so of I will get them out this week, and now, from what I saw a couple weeks ago he is dealing with something. Marley had asked about it a month ago, and I explained he is sick, and she was concerned and told me to tell him I hope he feels better about it, and that is the last she has mentioned it, but 2 months of waiting is understandable. The downside is now she doesn't want to go out to the shop and "help."

A few of the other people that won, sent me messages about it and I relayed what info I had. The last message I sent him was letting him know Marley hopes he feels better, and seeing how he was doing. I let Jeff and another know about it the situation.

I wrote this just so no one thinks at a later time that the kids didn't appreciate the awards.

The members, venders and admin are great here, and I am sure several will "offer", but that is not why I wrote this, it was in defense of the kids that didn't receive prizes.

As a note, do not hold any ill will towards anyone on this, please; just hope Wayne gets better. If you are friends with him, let him know he is still in our thoughts and prayers to recover.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MPVic

I do talk about things my daughters are doing, and some on here may say it is too much. However my daughters were raised to be thoughtful and thankful for things they are given, earned, etc.

When they buy something in the store, I make sure they say thank you and things like that.

Marley won the under 13 competition, however the person giving the prizes was/is dealing with illness. It was a month or so of I will get them out this week, and now, from what I saw a couple weeks ago he is dealing with something. Marley had asked about it a month ago, and I explained he is sick, and she was concerned and told me to tell him I hope he feels better about it, and that is the last she has mentioned it, but 2 months of waiting is understandable. The downside is now she doesn't want to go out to the shop and "help."

A few of the other people that won, sent me messages about it and I relayed what info I had. The last message I sent him was letting him know Marley hopes he feels better, and seeing how he was doing. I let Jeff and another know about it the situation.

I wrote this just so no one thinks at a later time that the kids didn't appreciate the awards.

The members, venders and admin are great here, and I am sure several will "offer", but that is not why I wrote this, it was in defense of the kids that didn't receive prizes.

As a note, do not hold any ill will towards anyone on this, please; just hope Wayne gets better. If you are friends with him, let him know he is still in our thoughts and prayers to recover.
You have a big heart & a lot of compassion - IAP members are inspiring people.

jonjon

I won the 13 to 17 Youth contest. I was one of those who contacted edicehouse to see if his daughters had received their prizes as I thought mine might have gotten lost in the mail. My dad (talltim) also contacted Jeff.

I was very sorry to hear that stonepecker was ill. After it drug out for a while I realized it must be something more than a casual illness and I sincerely wish him well.

While it is nice to receive prizes (and I assume they will eventually come) I have received a lot more form this site Some of you have talent that boggles my mind but you are still kind enough to note my efforts and encourage me. Several of you have gone out of your way to encourage me. (That is a prize in itself).

I enjoy reading posts from the numerous "personalities" and hearing various viewpoints.

Thanks for everything.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
We're actively working this situation. If the original prizes aren't in the mail by the end of the week, we'll be sending substitute prizes of equal or greater value to the winners.

I offer my sincere apology to those expecting prizes. Unfortunate life events are a reality, but I should have stepped in to help resolve this situation before now.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Here's an update. We're unable to send out the originally planned prizes, so we'll be providing substitutes. I'll be contacting each winner's parent for a prize choice :present:

Again, I am very sorry for the delay in getting these prizes out. I take complete responsibility for this, and I promise to do better next year :)

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know who the parent is for Kaleb who won 3rd place in the 14-17 contest?

I see "David Prince" listed, but I can't find a member name. The closest I come is [profile]Daveprince[/profile], but he hasn't been on since early March.

Does anyone know who the parent is for Kaleb who won 3rd place in the 14-17 contest?

I see "David Prince" listed, but I can't find a member name. The closest I come is [profile]Daveprince[/profile], but he hasn't been on since early March.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f422/youth-14-17-contest-=-bash-2019-voting-158739/#post2016894

Found this Jeff.

I just looked at the youth pen in this contest... some very talented young people out there... hope they stay in the game and keep the pen turning going.

Jeff you may have to send a PM to Kaleb a PM and just ask who to contact.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

This is him. He posted in the voting thread Ed posted.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Edicehouse, pm your address. JonJon as well. I have a million blanks. I'll put together a few boxes and get them in the mail to help Wayne. I talk to him daily, so he'll be o.k. with it :)

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I believe that when the postman arrives at the winners' homes tomorrow, this should be all taken care of. (the Australia package might take a tad longer...)

Each of the winners received 3 packages. I'll invite them to post what they received if they're so inclined.

I'd like to thank all involved (Ernie, Chuck, Dawn, Ed) in getting this taken care of, AND again thanks to the winners for their extreme patience.

edicehouse

Marley has received some from Eboraga and Dalecamino, and one of the boxes was to be split with her cousin. However, Marley has a box she put to the side and she refuses to tell me where she put it. I have not been able to make it to Kaitlyn because of family stuff. I think the weekend after next we are planning on getting together.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Marley has received some from Eboraga and Dalecamino, and one of the boxes was to be split with her cousin. However, Marley has a box she put to the side and she refuses to tell me where she put it. I have not been able to make it to Kaitlyn because of family stuff. I think the weekend after next we are planning on getting together.

I suspect this is a case of severe M protection!!! Marley recognizes the address and speculates (correctly) on the peanutiest contents!!! Reassure her that you have it on good authority that one of the contents bears her name, so no one else can claim it!

Most of the rest have also received their prize according to USPS tracking.

Jonathon (correctly spelled on the award, second try---ooooopppppsssss!) will go out tomorrow and the Australian package will be in transit for a while. Hope the kids enjoy!! We had fun!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom