Let's get together!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MDWine

We have quite a few folks in NoVa now, certainly more than the 4 that started up about 3 years ago!

So, how about a little get together, just to kick us off.

Check your schedule for April 18 or 19! (just a suggestion) (strike April 11/12!!)

We've met at Woodcraft in Springfield, but that may no longer be the most convenient place any more, depending on where folks will be coming from.

Give the time/date some consideration, and think of a central location, and let's HOOK UP.

We can start with just a bit of show and tell, bring some blanks to trade. Hopefully as we progress, we can build up to demos and such?

Let's get the NoVa group back in the thick of things, OK?

Heck, I'll even turn a pen to bring! :clown: No, really, I think I remember how!
Post up here boys and girls, and LETS :RockOn: ROCK!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crashmph

I wish I could make it... I will be out of town on travel for the entire month of April. Worst part is that I actually work at Woodcraft Springfield part time too. LOL! I will be at the picnic for sure though.

MDWine

It's a plan!

Even if only three of us get together, it's a "gathering"!!

Note that Colonial Hardwoods does not have a gathering place or meeting room. They are not sponsoring the gathering. We'll meet there, look at what they have, and take ourselves to lunch somewhere close (probably Springfield) where we can sit and talk.

Bring your show and tell, questions, and stories, and we'll just visit for a while....

MDWine

The meeting date is April 18, a Saturday. We'll hook up at Colonial, drool over wood and pick through the scrap box!

Afterward, we'll find a place to have lunch together.

Everyone consider coming, even if only for the Colonial hook-up... We can show-and-tell in the parking lot if we have to!

MDWine

Starting 10:00AM;
see http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44535

Colonial is a bit south of Springfield about 5 miles ?
http://www.colonialhardwoods.com/
Colonial Hardwoods
7953 Cameron Brown Ct.
Springfield, VA 22153
(703) 451-9217

(use googlemaps or mapquest for dirs)

IMHO A nice little wood supplier, a tad bit pricey, but they are very particular about the quality of the wood. Nice scrap bin 12 pieces for 10 bucks, or $1 each... (sometimes some good finds in there!) They have pen blanks, but not a very wide variety. (We used to buy-in together on a board and one of use would cut blanks and distribute.)

Lots of lunch options around Springfield... and a trip to WoodCraft!!! ??? !!!

What's not to like? :bananen_smilies051:

Last edited:

MDWine

Curious!

there's a pretty good Korean BBQ place in the same mall as the WoodCraft

HMMMMMMM.... true... and that restaurant down by the HARDWARE store isn't bad either! I dunno.... wood store, tools, hardware... sounds like a full day for me!

I sure would be nice to get a few people together! 3 or 4 is fun, but the more the merrier! A couple of years ago, we got 5 or 6 at the drop of a hat!

<heavy sigh> I miss the good 'ole days... :(

MDWine

so far...

The list looks like this so far...

Lou
James
Nate
Jon
Ken (tentative)
Michael

but we need YOU!!!

Tell your significant other that theres a manufactures meeting! We're manufactures of a sort, right? :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom