Less than 2 weeks until the next meeting on March 28

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Less than 2 weeks until the meeting (guess I'd better get busy and tidy up the shop).
Reply here if you plan on attending and I'll PM you my phone number. My address is 16903 N Wayne Ln in Pearland. Lets plan on starting around 9:30 AM and go to ????
In the past everyone has kicked in $5 and we've done pizza for lunch, is this OK or are there any other suggestions?
So far the only demo request I saw was for segmenting. Anyone want to volunteer to do this?
Any other requests for demos or any volunteers to do a demo? In the past we've had demos on PR and Alumilite casting, stabilizing with CJ, powder coating, making 30 caliber and 50 caliber pens, and casting snake skins are just a few.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EN Pens

Will Attend

Hi Mannie,
Edie and I will be there. If you like I will demonstrate "casting an initial window", the same as I did at the last meeting as it looks like it will be a different group of people attending. I requested the segmenting demo and hopefully someone will volunteer to do it.
Best regards,
Ed (EN Pens)

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'm planning to be there & pizza sounds great.
I'm most interested in some casting & stabilizing demos.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'll bring some of my Texas pen blanks to share with the group.
I have pecan, mesquite, huisache, honey locust, grape vine and maybe a couple of others.

Edgar

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Hi Mannie,
Edie and I will be there. If you like I will demonstrate "casting an initial window", the same as I did at the last meeting as it looks like it will be a different group of people attending. I requested the segmenting demo and hopefully someone will volunteer to do it.
Best regards,
Ed (EN Pens)
Ed,
That would be a great demo for you to show.
I'll plan on doing a casting demo and a stabilization demo.
Any other volunteers to do a demo?

Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Update on those planning to attend
mson,
HeartofaPen
EN Pens
kenmic
edohmann
Mike Powell

I anyone needs to call me, my number is two eight one four eight nine one six two six.

The Penguin

Looks like I'm headed to Seguin to harvest an old native pecan tree...so I'll miss yet another local chapter meeting

ya'll have fun!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Looks like I'm headed to Seguin to harvest an old native pecan tree...so I'll miss yet another local chapter meeting

ya'll have fun!

Sorry you won't be able to join us Shawn.
Have fun with that old pecan tree - I'm working on several of them myself

The Penguin

ya'll have fun!

Sorry you won't be able to join us Shawn.
Have fun with that old pecan tree - I'm working on several of them myself
I've got a big saw, a strong back, and a weak mind.

will work for peanuts...or pecans :biggrin:

let me know if you need help

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Vacuum pump problems

I was planning on doing a stabilization demo but my is broken :frown:. So, unless someone can bring a vacuum pump, we'll do a demo on repairing a Robinaire vacuum pump. :rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I've been thinking about stabilizing. Its the harbor freight pump any good? Maybe i could pick one up if nobody hads one To bring.
HF pump should work OK, but don't go buy one just for this, you might find a used, better made pump. If all else fails, I have a venturi pump we can try.

EN Pens

Sorry I had to miss the party. My back went out last night and I am hurting! If the past is any indicator, I will be back to turning in 4 or 5 days. Hope you all had a great time and I look forward to making the next meeting.
Ed

kenmic

Meeting At Monty's

Really enjoyed the meeting today at Monty's. He is a very patient guy to answer all our questions and still deliver an informative demonstration on stabilizing and casting worthless wood. Thanks also to Edgar (edohmann) for his generous contribution of locally cut wood pen blanks. It was a pleasure meeting and discussing shop with all the attendees.

kenmic

Quality Pen

Sorry wee missed you Ed and Edie!

And to Mannie , thank you again for graciously housing this hey together and organizing it. I picked up quite a few good things!

And thanks Edgar for the mesquite. That was very generous!

I look forward to the next event!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Take care of that back, Ed. I know what you are going through - my dad had similar issues from time to time and it would take him 4-5 days to get back to normal.

I enjoyed meeting everyone & learned a lot today. It was a great meeting & I'm glad I was able to contribute a little to the gathering.

Many thanks to Mannie for hosting the meeting and doing all the demos. I'm looking forward to trying some of these things myself.

Top Bottom