Leopard Gold Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wdcav1952

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
This acrylic is fun to work with! It turns well, and has an interesting, funky look. Thank you Ed for making this available to me.

200622505311_Leopard%20Gold%20Baron.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

William, how many blanks were you able to get out of one of the squares, since you made a pretty big pen. I like the pen a lot- it matches great with the kit you chose!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Thanks for the comments. It is an odd material to say the least. I have a piece of snow leopard that I plan to try with a V2 Jr Gent in Black Ti.

Angela, the blank was cut down the middle with a band saw by an expert, i.e., not me! That way, I should be able to get two Baron sized pens from each piece.

Lou, go ahead and use yours. From what I have seen lately from you, your skills are more, far more than enought to handle a piece of acrylic!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
First, Yes, I have more and am placing another order, so I will have other patterns soon.

Angela, Don't be a "chicken"-if you screw up the first one, I'll send you another FREE!!! Just let me know. Cut the blanks with a bandsaw or thin kerf blade-regular eighth inch tablesaw is a problem!!

Lou-my initial reaction was, "get real!!!" I make the same offer to you, but I'll put a side wager on YOU if you like, I got a double sawbuck says you'll have no problems!!! e-mail me!!!

To anyone else that might like to try this-I turn a LOT of acrylic and other plastics-I THINK I have turned every one available-but that could be an overstatement. This is the easiest plastic I have ever attempted. I don't post pricing on the site cause the sizes that this comes in are confusing-so send an e-mail to ed4copies@sbcglobal.net and I will respond. I'm working on a few pictures of the sizes to try to make it more understandable.

You all have no idea how happy it makes me to see other pens made from this material, I'd love to share it with more of you.[:p][:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom