Legacy Woodturning European Pen Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jhunter505

I just started turning pens recently and I just purchased this 10 piece variety pack of legacy wood turning European pen kit of Amazon. When I made them this weekend some of the mechanisms seem tighter when you turn to open them and close them. Is that something I'm doing or is the specifications on the mechanisms just not exact?

1shootist

Not trying to say anything is wrong with Legacy...some on here really like them. But my experience has been subpar with them, the kits I purchased weren't quite the quality of say,exotic blanks, psi, berea hardwoods, csusa, etc.. some of the companies I just listed update their kit internals when they receive them from the manufacturer with better parts, or order them with better internals.....some don't. All...well the majority of pen kits come from china..some from Tawian .

DrD

Just my 2 cents - there are any number of very good suppliers that appear on this board from time to time, and from whom I have had very satisfactory dealings: Beartooth Woods, Exotic Blanks, Turners Warehouse. Other very reputable suppliers, from my own experience would include Arizona Silhouette, Craft Supplies USA, Berea Hardwoods. Of course there are others. The key here is to get on their mailing lists, and you will find from time to time, each of these will have sales or specials on most of what you may be interested in purchasing, and they all stand behind what they sell. The way I see it is that if want I think I want is not available from 1 of these 6, at an attractive price, then I don't need it.

Top Bottom