Leftover plastic bags - what do you do with them?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KMCloonan

This may have been discussed previously, but a quick search did not yield any meaningful results.

I don't make all that many pens - maybe 1 or 2 a week these days, fewer before the pandemic... But the kit for each pen I make usually contains anywhere from 3 to 6 or 7 small plastic ziplock bags. I have been stashing all of these bags in a larger bag, and I now have a pretty decent collection of something I have no use for, but I also do not want to simply throw away. I doubt the local recyclers will take them - so I was wondering, what do you all do with your bags? Will Berea, or PSI, or Exotic Blanks etc. take them back and try to reuse them?

Just curious. Thanks for any comments.

As soon as I posted, I saw the similar posts below, and this was definitely discussed before. Sorry to clutter the boards with this.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

I use the small ones to apply CA as a finish. Make sure not to use the side if it has a red printed label. The CA will dissolve the red ink and it will go toward the finish. I also use the larger ones to help sort out extra labels and small pieces of whatever. I use the larger bags to mix up epoxy glue. After saying that I still have a drawer full of bags.

KMCloonan

I use the small ones to apply CA as a finish. Make sure not to use the side if it has a red printed label. The CA will dissolve the red ink and it will go toward the finish. I also use the larger ones to help sort out extra labels and small pieces of whatever. I use the larger bags to mix up epoxy glue. After saying that I still have a drawer full of bags.
Thanks Kenny - all good ideas to make at least one more use out of the bags.

I give them to the seamstress in our art gallery, she puts spare buttons in them and attach them to the garment. The larger ones she puts laundry instructions in and attaches them to the garment. Who knows what happens with the rest of them?

Top Bottom