Left Over Deck Boards

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jimm1

jimm1

Made this after dinner with left over deck boards. Some re-sawing done for the bottom shelf. Now to actually re-do the deck.
BDB4A40A-F171-47D3-B534-AD097681F58E.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Looks good Jim. Just a word of warning if that is pressure treated decking be careful if you use it for food.

Pressure treated wood has become a common material in the construction industry recently but is pressure treated wood safe for picnic tables? YES, it is safe. The most commonly used chemicals in the pressure treatment of wood today contain non-toxic substances making it safe for use on picnic tables.

However, you must not use treated wood for chopping boards or preparing any foodstuff. If you are going to use a plank of treated wood for picnic tables, ensure that it is treated using Alkaline Copper Quatemary(ACQ) and not the older Chromated Copper Arsenate(CCA).

campzeke

Good job Jim. I have used deck boards to make several outdoor tables and a stand for my Pit Boss Smoker. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Rick T.

Lucky2

Good comeback Jim, he thought he had you in his headlights. But to be honest, I was thinking the same thing.lol😜

Len

P.S. Oops, I'm sorry, I forgot to comment on the outdoors end table, it looks to be built good and sturdy. It should last a long time, and it looks plenty sturdy enough to use for woodworking projects or machines.

Last edited:

bsshog40

Good job Jim! We had a patio that had a roof and only 4 posts. I enclosed it about a year ago and with left over wood, made a matching little cooler table.

Attachments

• patio outside.jpg
    patio outside.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 141
  • patio inside.jpg
    patio inside.jpg
    478.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Cooler table.jpg
    Cooler table.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 131
  • Cooler table 1.jpg
    Cooler table 1.jpg