Lee Valley 10+...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I had purchased my cigar pen kits from LV - and bushings so being the cautious individual I am I wanted to stay with cigar kits from them (I think they are Berea...) to preclude any issues with different dimensions etc.

So building a cart today, I noticed that you had to get 10 of one finish to qualify for a discount...so I decided to ask if you could do a mix/match.

Here is their response, the point of my post is in red...if we ask, it may happen that we can get mix/match kits and a price break.

They are a great company to deal with always A+!

"[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your e-mail. For the products that qualify for volume quantity discounts, the discount amount is given based on the customer buying the same product number. Keeping the discount to one product number enables our order processing to be more efficient by picking more items from the same location.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In addition to the above reason, our current software does not have the capability of applying discounts to mix and match different product numbers, i.e. different sizes or styles. Although this would be easy to adjust at the store level, we would not be able to offer the same opportunity to our online shoppers.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We can certainly understand your point of view and your comments will be reviewed. If the demand is there, maybe we could consider offering a sample pack at the reduced price so customers can order a variety of colors. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We appreciate the time you took to write to us.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Regards, [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Marc C[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Customer Service Representative"[/FONT]

paintspill

i would consider going into one of the stores and talking directly to one of the associates. i just did this here to swap out chrome for gold on one of there starter kits and they were happy to help out. granted there was no price difference but it is definitely worth a shot. go one step further and ask for there resident pen turner. that way they know what your talking about. my last phone call to one of the stores to check stock on a product got me someone telling me that "the package says chrome but there are gold tubes in the bag must be a mistake." those would be the brass tubes was my response. give it a shot if you have a store close to you

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I've always been impressed with Lee Valley's customer service. They're on my list of favourite companies to deal with (and they're a regular Birthday Bash contributor as well!) :)

They're also a very smart company, and very customer-focused. Perhaps sending Marc a link to this website would be well-advised, so that they can see the comments that will result in this discussion?

Haynie

This is a normal business practice. The business gets a discount if they order a large quantity of the same item, because there supplier gets a discount for ordering a large number. Granted the discount applies to much larger orders for the supplier and the store. We, as business owners, pass the savings on to you for a similar type of order. Mixing and matching does not get your supplier a discount.

Their reasons make perfect sense to me.

Top Bottom