Leaving your mark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The only place I can think of that would be unobtrusive on a ballpoint would be the transmission. I suppose you could etch it.

When you work out the kinks, post a tutorial.:D

badger

What about a custom wood burning stamp? Since most of our pens are wood, this could work. It's something I've thought of, but haven't followed up on.

Daniel

I looked at the microstamp site. not sure i woudl want anything that requires hammering on the pen. But the ear post tool looked like a workable idea. basically a fancy pair of pliers that makes the impression. I have also thought about the wood burning stamps. i've had the idea for my logo for years but never actually done anything with it.

ericw95

One of the guys from CSUSA (maybe Mark?) writes his name/date/wood using a woodburning pen with a fine tip on the finished pen and then puts the clip over it. His name escapes me but I saw him do a demo at the woodworkers show in St. Paul a year and a half ago.

Using the microstamp, what if you put your logo on the clip. That is the usual standard marking site on a lot of commercial pens.

With a logo mark, we could possibly increase the collectibility of our pens. I know I've had a number of people ask about marks on some of my game calls..

Rifleman1776

I wouldn't want a pen with the makers mark on it. A fine pen is a personal thing.
Other items are different. I make and sell duck and game calls. Almost can't give away unsigned calls. I get mine laser engraved with my signature. More are sold to collectors than just those who use them to hunt.

Top Bottom