LEATHER PEN CASES/SLEEVES

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wood-of-1kind

wood-of-1kind

Along with pen turning, I also now make my own pen cases and sleeves out of leather. Using an assortment of leather (thickness, colour, form) I have come up with the following styles that I am sharing here for the first time. The intent is to have the leather work to complement the sales of pens. Thanks for looking and let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

• LEATHERWORK 002.jpg
    LEATHERWORK 002.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 438
  • LEATHERWORK 008.jpg
    LEATHERWORK 008.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 434
  • LEATHERWORK 013.jpg
    LEATHERWORK 013.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 358
  • LEATHERWORK 015.jpg
    LEATHERWORK 015.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 412
  • LEATHERWORK 017.jpg
    LEATHERWORK 017.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 350
  • LEATHERWORK 018.jpg
    LEATHERWORK 018.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 360
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Those look wonderful Peter. I have just started to use one for storing a nice pen in my car. In the past I kept 1-2 in the drink/junk cubby, but I would like to avoid the pens getting scratched, etc. It has been very useful, and along with wood, I also like leather products.

scotian12

Great artistry on the leather pen holders. The styles and colors are great. I had a leather pen case made with a magnet for a clasp on the fold over strap. The leather was molded for the shape of a Jr Statesman You could also consider a logo stamped in the leather for decoration on the plain leather cases. Darrell

Pierre---

Great work Peter.
If you want my thoughts, I would say the sleeve without flap should be quite cheap to be interesting...
Some cases with flap are very attractive, especially the ones with a sewing on the fold over strap, or at least a line. The bare ones, uhhm...

You may consider dyeing the edges, and shaping a bit more the upper piece of leather.

How about a two-pens or three-pens case? (I'm looking for one actually...)

Last edited:

wood-of-1kind

Thanks Pierre for your input as I appreciate your comments in order to add improvement to my work. Yes the flawless sleeves are by far the most affordable as they are the easiest to make. Adding stitching around the perimeter while adding more interest adds labour time and I need to balance this aspects. As for dyeing the edges of the cases that may prove to be quite expensive since the leather assortment is close to different shades of 50 colours. What about dyeing the edges all black? Some of the pen cases can hold up to pens if they are are not too thick. I have made a few cases to hold three pens but they look too bulky to carry around.

Thank you gain for your valuable suggestions.

Top Bottom