learning to make plugs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from zombie7986

zombie7986

I've been trying new things on the lathe lately.

Also…thanks for the help Darrin

Attachments

• group.jpg
    group.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 297
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Very cool looking. I made one that looks almost exactly like your ebony ones there, had a friend use it, worked great. Just make sure to stay away from the woods that people are prone to being allergic to.

bitshird

I'm really old.

Guess ya ain't been to Memfus lately, :eek: I had a hard time adjusting to guys wearing studs, :confused: I thought piercings were very strange, wait till they start wearing Ubangi lip plates :wink::wink::biggrin: Maybe I should turn some, who knows might catch on :biggrin:

Daniel

Ken, you simply are not cool any more if you are not full of holes or you can still see any actual skin color. you gotta tattoo it or pierce it one of the two.

sbell111

My wife and I went to our favorite restaurant early this week. We asked for our normal server, but she wasn't working. It turns out that she was there eating and came over to say hello.

Earlier in the day, she had gone to the piercer to redo an old nostril hole that she had let go, but wanted to go back to using (previously, her only noticible body alteration). It turns out, they were having a two-for-one sale, so she got her face pierced, above her lip.

I don't get it. She's a beautiful, funny, seemingly intelligent girl. Why she put holes in her face, I can't understand.

Skye

I don't get it. She's a beautiful, funny, seemingly intelligent girl. Why she put holes in her face, I can't understand.

Piercings don't make a person unintelligent, lack a sense or humor or continue to be beautiful. I like girls who are pierced, tattooed, non-pierced, non-tattooed, whatever. You may see those things as something that flies in the face of her outstanding qualities but not only is it an old way of thinking, it's a very close minded way of thinking.

There's nothing counter intuitive about a facial piercing other than the fact she'll be looked down upon by those who are not willing to look past something they don't personally agree with. If said people would just judge someone by who they are rather than what they look like, there would be no problem at all.

For me, I don't see her choices as being the problem at all.

fernhills

And only if people would understand people and not judge them as backwards only because they do not understand why people do some things. Don`t ya think?

dntrost

Give me a break why encourage that! I guess I too am getting old! I can't believe people do that to there bodies...
Sorry but who will take someone serious and give them a decent job with a 3/4" piece of wood stuck in each ear....:eek::confused:

Last edited:

woodchip

I personally don't care for the piercings or tattoos all over----- But thankfully it's not my body and i'm fine with that. My personal opinion (and it's just that) is if you choose to do that to yourself and feel comfortable with that, you have to expect that not everyone is going to jump on the band wagon so to speak and think that it's cool to have all of the tattoos and piercings and that is their right to feel like that just as much as you think it's ok to think it is.

Skye

you have to expect that not everyone is going to jump on the band wagon so to speak and think that it's cool to have all of the tattoos and piercings and that is their right to feel like that just as much as you think it's ok to think it is.

I'm assuming that you feel the same way about subjects like racism as well? Can't expect someone to stop hating a race because of the way the look just because I think it's idiotic?

I don't expect people to think it's cool, I expect people to judge someone by other than how they look.

THarvey

I tell my wife al the time, "if we were exactly alike, one of us would not be necessary."

It is the same way people in this forum. We are all different and will have different opinions.

For me to like or dislike someone's piercings or tattoos, is no different that my having an opinion over their choice of clothing. That does not make me a racist.

Racism is wrong. Racism is not about expressing an opinion over an individual's choice.

The last time I checked, no one has ever been born pierced and tattooed.

Skye

Racism is wrong. Racism is not about expressing an opinion over an individual's choice.

The last time I checked, no one has ever been born pierced and tattooed.

So, it's OK to discriminate someone because of an individual choice they make that in absolutely, positively no way directly effects you?

I fail to see how that's acceptable.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
How did this thread go from plugs and body peircing to racism..??

...and my two cents on body piercing is that like everything else, someone will always have to outdo the last one...the current rage is to have your tongue 'split', like a snake, and have two distinct parts...and there are a growing number of people who have had 'horn' implants put on their head (but according to them they are not devil worshipers)...tell me you would have no problem laying on an operaing table with someone with a split tongue and horns looking down at you with a scalpel...

THarvey

So, it's OK to discriminate someone because of an individual choice they make that in absolutely, positively no way directly effects you?

I fail to see how that's acceptable.

How is your not accepting thier opinion regarding someone else's choice any different?

You are doing exactly the same thing you are complaining about. You are making the exact same type of value judgement about someone's chosen opinion.

How is an opinion about something discrimitory?

Last edited:

sbell111

Piercings don't make a person unintelligent, lack a sense or humor or continue to be beautiful. I like girls who are pierced, tattooed, non-pierced, non-tattooed, whatever. You may see those things as something that flies in the face of her outstanding qualities but not only is it an old way of thinking, it's a very close minded way of thinking.

There's nothing counter intuitive about a facial piercing other than the fact she'll be looked down upon by those who are not willing to look past something they don't personally agree with. If said people would just judge someone by who they are rather than what they look like, there would be no problem at all.

For me, I don't see her choices as being the problem at all.
If you hated that story, this one is really gonna bug you.

Several years ago, I was earning my MBA. One of my classmates was a cute, funny, intelligent young woman. She also was (in my opinion) into the goth thing. Black died hair, white makeup, black lipstick and nails, random piercage. Well, she was that way for the first year, any way. When we returned from our internships to start the second year, she had natural brown hair, 'normal' makeup, and no longer wore her piercings (except for one in each ear, at the standard locale).

No one forced her to change. Her rights weren't violated. She was not treated poorly by anyone. She did understand, however, that how you preseent yourself is a driver of how people perceive you. Being the cute goth girl was not a way for her to succeed in the way that she wanted to, so she adapted.

When my wife and I advised our (still) favorite server, we were not judging her based on her looks. We were expressing our fears that other people would judge her based on those decisions.

Skye

When my wife and I advised our (still) favorite server, we were not judging her based on her looks. We were expressing our fears that other people would judge her based on those decisions.

Sounds to me like you should have spent your time talking to the 'other people' to me.

Conformists. I love how they push off the blame. I have to say, your signature is very ironic. I don't think you'd know beauty if it was staring you in the face. You probably couldnt get past it's tongue ring.

Last edited:

GBusardo

Man I must be getting old also, I didn't know what they were either and when someone said ear plugs, I thought they were for stuffing in your ear for noise protection! My kids both have tattoos and if that's what they want, its fine with me. I am used to how differently people look now, it does not bother me at all. To each their own.

Darrin

Ahhh....BME, my home. Nice looking plugs by the way. If you need any more help, just holler :) And for the record, I have 3/4" plugs AND keep a pretty nice job ;)

Skye

Ahhh....BME, my home. Nice looking plugs by the way. If you need any more help, just holler :) And for the record, I have 3/4" plugs AND keep a pretty nice job ;)

Just sucks they changed to limited viewing of the photos to 70 images or so. I'll just have to get a membership one day. Can't you post a pic of your own for a temp membership? I may need to look into that....

I had a hippy teacher who used to say "You may do ,say,think,or act in any way you like as long as you do not infringe upon the rights of others" I live by those words and its a shame the rest of the world doesn't.Elvis was out of line for shaking his hips,what will be the next taboo?Personally I look down on the lazy people who think they should be able to park right in front of the gas station door and not walk 20 feet then I do metal in the face or tattoos(as I has one tattoo myself).Victor

GouletPens

Boy, you all really got Skye worked up on this one! Personally I think all tatoos are cool, as long as they don't have the word "lucky" in them :wink::tongue:

Top Bottom