Leaking refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

I'm a big fan of PSI kits.... aside from the refills. Picked a pen off of a stand and the tip was loaded with ink. Last straw ... 3rd time this happened. Every kit or completed pen's refill is getting trashed.
I have been using Schmidt 900's lately. Any comments on them. Anyone had any leak problems with a Schmidt Parker 900?

Darios

Barring one instance, I've had no problems here with any of the non-generics I keep on hand - Schmidts of various types, Pentel, Pilot, Montverde, Nekigoen etc.) Though in full disclosure the lesser popular ones (Pentel, Nekigoen, etc) see less use than the usual Schmidts I put in so even my anecdotal data is less robust on those.
That one exception being the Schmidt 4889 Pressurized - I had one of the first ones I put out fail and it poured ink all over my stand. Which was actually lucky for me as that pen was being considered by a lady just minutes before - if it had failed while in her purse or pocket it would have been awful.

Obvious issue in hindsight but I don't even offer pressurized inks of any type anymore.

WriteON

Barring one instance, I've had no problems here with any of the non-generics I keep on hand - Schmidts of various types, Pentel, Pilot, Montverde, Nekigoen etc.) Though in full disclosure the lesser popular ones (Pentel, Nekigoen, etc) see less use than the usual Schmidts I put in so even my anecdotal data is less robust on those.
That one exception being the Schmidt 4889 Pressurized - I had one of the first ones I put out fail and it poured ink all over my stand. Which was actually lucky for me as that pen was being considered by a lady just minutes before - if it had failed while in her purse or pocket it would have been awful.

Obvious issue in hindsight but I don't even offer pressurized inks of any type anymore.
Any pens I gifted to women I explain they have not been Pocket Book tested. The guys … I explain they have not been shirt pocket tested

TonyL

I stopped buying the Schmidt 9000 for skipping and leaking - especially skipping. This has been going on for 3 years (for me) and purchased at 6 months or so apart from Lanier or as an an add-on from EB (no rants for either supplier). I then moved on to 900M and they were better. However, I now use the Parker Quinkflow. They are not as smooth at the 9000's, but no skipping and leaks.
I really liked the 9000's, but too many were common back to me and I was experiencing the problem myself.

Top Bottom