Le Roi Elegant stylus conversion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MarkD

MarkD

A client recently saw one of my Aero stylus conversions and asked if I could make one for her using the Le Roi Elegant. I sent a message to Smitty asking how the tip was attached to the grip. He responded that the tip was pressed into the grip ( Thanks Smitty ! ). So, I took a transfer punch and a hammer and sure enough the tip came right out.

Since the diameter of tip coupler on the CSUSA stylus was smaller than the inside diameter of the grip where the tip coupler would be pressed into, I decided it would be just as easy to make a new tip coupler than to make some kind of adapter.

The new tip coupler is make from aluminum and all dimensions are the same as the original except the end that gets pressed in was made to be a press fit into the Le Roi grip.

Here is the finished product. A Le Roi Elegant Stylus with blue and white web Tru-stone ( the client picked the blank ).

As always, your comments and critiques are welcome.

Thanks for looking.
DSC03875.JPG

The grip and tip after I pressed the tip out.
DSC03865.JPG

The grip with the CSUSA tip coupler ( top ) and the custom tip coupler ( bottom ).
DSC03866.JPG

The grip with the new tip coupler pressed in.
To the right are the stylus tip and the trim ring.
DSC03868.JPG

The grip with the assembled stylus.
DSC03869.JPG

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arw01

Looks great, and gives me many ideas.

You took an aluminum bar, and turned it to the dimensions you needed basically, so the old CSUSA coupler is tossed into the spare parts bin?

You went this route rather than a "bushing" to adapt the smaller coupler to the larger Le Roi section.

Pretty cool.

MarkD

You took an aluminum bar, and turned it to the dimensions you needed basically, so the old CSUSA coupler is tossed into the spare parts bin?

You went this route rather than a "bushing" to adapt the smaller coupler to the larger Le Roi section.

Pretty cool.

The inside diameter of the grip was not much larger than the stylus coupler so a bushing would have to be very thin, so I just made a new coupler.

MarkD

Thanks for the complements everyone.

The only thing that could have made this better is if the stylus was the finial and the pen was functional.

I would agree with you. I have adapted a few stylus to working pens and the combination is pretty cool, but in this case the client didn't care about having a pen.
It could be kinda tricky incorporating the stylus in the finial of this pen, since this pen uses the finial to extend and retract the refill. But then again, when I have some free time I may give it a try. I like a good challenge!

Top Bottom