LCD tv

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Norsky

Hi
This totally off anything related to pen turning,but this group seem to have answers on any subject.
I am in the market for a new tv,nothing larger than 40"
Any suggestions for any particular brand?
TIA
Sid

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wudnhed

We have a 62" DLP by Mitsubishi, love it. Ray and I have had 2 large sreen TVs and both have been Mitsus. When we were first in the market it was the only one you walk from side to side and still see the picture. All the others faded out. JMO

Dario

My FIL love shopping for these...he just bought one last month and it is Sony Bravia 40" KDL40XBR2

BestBuy has it for $2,800.00 but at bestpricecameras.com it is only $1,949.99

According to him the XBR series (of Sony) is the best, next in his list is Sony Bravia KDL40B2500. Check those out!

Dario

Originally posted by jjenk02
<br />Samsung 32" Widescreen LCD HDTV with 4000:1 Contrast Ratiocan't be beat for picture quality.

Best way to settle that is to go to a store (BestBuy or CircuitCity) and compare quality side by side. [;)]

<br />Samsung 32" Widescreen LCD HDTV with 4000:1 Contrast Ratiocan't be beat for picture quality.

I just bought that one, I like it. (3250D)

Here is a good link with loads of reviews
http://tinyurl.com/p8a4j

bob393

In today's paper Wal-Mart has a 37" HD Polaroid for just under $1000 $997 I think.
Seems like a killer price but I know nothing about the set.

Tangboy5000

I personally don't care for the LCD's, they don't last that long and the blacks aren't really black. Right now I would go for Samsung DLP, they were the first and are still the best with this technology. Don't use the in store comparison either. They fiddle with the contrast and colors to make whatever they want to sell look better.

twoofakind

My brother had an LCD set he took back for a plasma. The plasma had a much better picture than the LCD IMHO. They were both the same size and hang in the exact same spot.
andy

darbytee

We have a 56" Samsung DLP that we got about a year ago. I did a lot of comparison between LCD, DLP and D-ILA and the Samsung was the right choice for us. It had less pixellation than the LCD during fast moving scenes and seemed to have "blacker-blacks".

jjenk02

Originally posted by Dario
<br />

Best way to settle that is to go to a store (BestBuy or CircuitCity) and compare quality side by side. [;)]

Thats what I did, my wife and I went to 3 stores, Best Buy, Sears, and Circuit city, and in the 32 inch flat screens there was an obivious differance. We paid $1,499.00 at Sears for the 32" Samsung model and we love it. We didn't look at the 40" models as that was larger than we wanted.

Doghouse

Stick to LCD or DLP. you get a great value for the money. I have a DLP and only if I "flick" my eyes back and forth can I see the color wheel on white shirts. Make sure you check online at Best Buy. They have stuff in stock that is not on the floor. I picked up a 20" widescreen LCD about $60 less than the ones on the floor because I checked online first. They brought the box out and plugged it in next to the others there. Picture was great Sound Sucked! I picked up a $40 set of computer speakers with a sub woofer and still came out cheeper with a great TV and better sound than any of the others they had out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom